Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

4th E-Group Photo Challenge The Entries - Vote now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th E-Group Photo Challenge The Entries - Vote now!!

Well this is it, the entries. I like them all and appreciate the time and thought taken to enter after me having a little grump earlier.

Nows the time to decide who takes the title of ’Winner’ of the 4th E Group Photo Challenge.

All entries are named and are totally anonymous in presentation.

To Quote Derek - Please select your top three favourites making your choices clear, either PM me or email me at garrie@daydesigns.co.uk with your choices by 19:00 next Monday 7th April. I think the scoring system by Derek is canny good so if he doesn't mind I'll "borrow" it
    • 1st place = 3 point
    • 2nd place = 2 points
    • 3rd place = 1 point
    for all the votes submitted

Okay here are the Shots..

Image 1 - From the Garden

Image 2 - Night Street Light

Image 3 - 'Single' Night Cap

Image 4 - Moonlit Mountains

Image 5 - Last Light

Image 6 - Fairy

Image 7 - Drive

Image 8 - Edge of Red Light

Image 9 - Cycle Path

Image 10 - The Globes

The above are in no order other than at random. I had to make up 2 titles but ifthe owners would like them change please let me know ASAP

I wish everybody the very best of luck.

All the best
    Garrie
    Last edited by theMusicMan; 2nd April 2008, 10:28 PM.

Re: 4th E-Group Photo Challenge The Entries - Vote now!!

Keep the votes coming all.

Had a very good response so far, Thank you to everyone thats voted

Comment

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
      Keep the votes coming all.

Had a very good response so far, Thank you to everyone thats voted
      Just sent mine in Garrie.

Thanks for running the Challenge.

Regards. Barr1e
      Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

I wish life was simple..

Unfortunatly I have had a complaint after 2 of the images entered into the competion break the rules due to the following reasons.

1 image was no EXIF data
        1 image was taken in 2006

Now I never thought to check each image for EXIF data and that is my fault.

Now then that puts me in a position I really don't want to be in. I am pressureed to remove these 2 images from the Challenge which is something I DO NOT want to do, after we are all friends and this is a friendly challenge however some people are sticklers for the rules which is fair enough.

However if I am forced to remove these 2 images I also have to remove 5 more images as these also break the rules if strickly followed. Again this is something I do not want to do.

I really don't know what to do for the best. Its up to you guys, if an image that breaks the rules wins then 1 user has threatened to leave the site in protest, this is NOT something I want either.

Would it be easier to call it quits?

At the end of the day this is a f**king hobby I've enough hassle dealing with issues at work.

Want me to call the results now and end this Challenge? You guys decide because to be honest I've had enough!

All the best
        Garrie

Comment

Here is my opinion:

1. If the dates of the photos are only slightly out of the date range (-+1 week) then ok

2. If a corrected image is supplied with the EXIF info for the missing picture, then ok

3. If an image is seriusly breaking the rules, a non 4/3rds camera or it was taken +6 months ago, then I would say remove the image and its votes.

These cometitions are for fun. No prizes are awared, so maybe the rules could be relaxed a little.

When is the voting deadline?

Comment

Hi Garrie,

I see you've been reading the Gordon Ramsay book of adjudication

My 2d scrap this challenge and run it again (if you want to!), with the 4 week limit, no exif, not taken within the time limit, pic out!

What do you do with the "legal" ones from this challenge? Let them continue

Rod

Comment

Hmmm, tricky situation howver... I have spoken to Garrie about this, and 1stly I'd like to apologise to him for any stress he has experienced as a result of this. After all, come on... it's a fun challenge folks, and we want to encourage entrants to submit, and the winners to set and run new challenges, we certainly don't want these people to experience any stress related to these fun challenges. Let's not give the challenge organiser any grief over this yeah... it's all about taking pics and fun...

So, what I think we will do here is at the moment we will continue with this challenge as it stands, and possibly revise the rules for the next challenge. This might be different if there's a prize at stake, or if there were money offered, but it's all fun and light hearted photo taking. I will review this position tomorrow given any replies that are posted here, and we may then decide to close the current competition and announce the winner.

What I must also point out, and I do this entirely genuinely, is that one of the images in question is mine. I obviously made a mistake in saving my image without EXIF embedded despite doing what I thought was the right way of doing it, and I take full responsibility for this error. I can assure everyone that the image was taken on my E-3, just two weeks ago. So, the rock and hard place scenario is in place here and, knowing that I lose anonymity if you know which is my image, I still feel I should mention this. My submission is #11 - Colours of the Night, and so knowing this, if you don't wish to vote for mine then this is absolutely fine. I will also state that even though I will keep the image in the challenge, it now is not able to have a placing.

There... please remember though folks that this is only a fun challenge and is meant to encourage members to get out there and take photos. There's no prizes at stake, or money at stake, so let's keep it a bit of fun OK.

Thanks.

John
              John

Comment

I appreciate this is a friendly site but all competitons have rules and those who follow them should surely not be penalised.

In the current FujiMugs challenge some enties have been excluded due to the lack of exif info - not mine as I have abided by the rules. They have in the past and will do so in the future.

If breaking of those rules that apply on this site occurs I'm one that would not enter any further Challenges.

Regards. Barr1e
                Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

OK, easiest thing here is to remove my entry which I will do now. I want to encourage people to enter challenges, not stop them entering.
                  John

Comment

The problem here now is that this particular challenge is discredited whatever the rights and wrongs. I know it is for fun but even so you either have rules or you do not. If you do and in this case they are few and easy to understand then it is not too much to expect people to adhere to them.

I am not going to bother voting. I think this challenge should be scrapped and re-started with valid pics.

I think if you do run it you should accept that you need to check entries and validate them, but I do understand Garries frustration.

Comment

In the light of recent events and having slept a little, I think it is entirely pragmatic that we now complete the current challenge, and announce the winner.

I feel we then need to clarify and/or amend the current set of rules (which were only created as a starter for 10) and then move on to the next challenge.

I'll start another thread to discuss the current rules and ask Garrie if he would be so kind as to announce the winner. Thanks everyone for your contributions.
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X