NEW competition - Photo Challenge #40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW competition - Photo Challenge #40

"One of these things is not like the other things".

The title comes from a song sung on Sesame Street to a game of Odd One Out. So there is your theme odd colours, objects, people, this is wide open to interpretation and abuse - just go and shoot anything that doesn't belong!

I know you will enjoy the challenge and we are looking forward to re-starting this great monthly competition!

How to Enter (old School rules)

-Max of 800 pixels in width or height
    -Up to 512Kbytes
    -EXIF intact please
    -Taken by you on an E-series camera between Wednesday 1st June 2011 and Tuesday 28th June 2011 inclusive.

-Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Wednesday 1st June 2011 and 12:00 GMT on the Tuesday 28th June 2011 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on the afternoon of the 28th June. We will vote in the week after this, voting will be completed by midnight Thursday 30th June 2011. I will announce the results on Friday 1st July 2011.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
    Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
    Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
    Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
    Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-
    Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
    Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
    Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
    Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached at david@lightingstyles.co.uk and please include the words "Olympus Challenge" in the title line.
    David Styles

Re: NEW competition - Photo Challenge #40

Thanks for doing this: thinking cap is on!
    David.

Comment

I am saying well done for restating this and HOPE to enter.

Problem...I have started using RAW and using Oly Master which destroys all Exif...is there an easy way to either stop it happening or to recover it.

Keith
      Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
      Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

Originally posted by ringneck View Post
        I am saying well done for restating this and HOPE to enter.

Problem...I have started using RAW and using Oly Master which destroys all Exif...is there an easy way to either stop it happening or to recover it.

Keith
        It's probably only doing that because you haven't checked the box to save the Exif - it's on the screen you click on ok to finally save. At least it is in Viewer 2 - which may be a better bet anyway as it's a free download and more up to date than Master
        Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul..

Can't see anything on the save page...see below.
          Might have to have a look at viewer.
          Keith
          Keith

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.

Comment

Thanks Paul..

Can't see anything on the save page...see below.
            Might have to have a look at viewer.
            Keith
            If you click on the format drop down arrow near the bottom left hand corner you'll see an option called Exif-Tiff (as well as one called Exif-JPEG). They should retain the Exif data for you.
            Paul

Comment

Thanks again Paul

Yes it's there...nice one.
              So as i have been saving as a Tiff and going Jpeg later do I save as Exif/Tiff and when I go to Jpeg does it still retain Exif.
              Keith
              Keith

Comment

Thanks again Paul

Yes it's there...nice one.
                So as i have been saving as a Tiff and going Jpeg later do I save as Exif/Tiff and when I go to Jpeg does it still retain Exif.
                Keith
                If you save your Tiff as a JPEG in Master 2 you'll need to save it as Exif-JPEG. I think (but am not 100% sure - no doubt someone else will know) that most other software automatically keeps the Exif. Certainly the ones I've used do.
                Paul

Comment

I'd be happy with a screen capture showing the Exif data if all goes wrong
                  David Styles

Comment

Just a little over half way through the month so be sure to get out this weekend to nail this competition!
                    David Styles

Comment

Thank you to those who have submitted their images already

For the rest of the 1914 members a reminder...

You have 4 days left to submit your entry for the odd one out challenge.

or, and perhaps more appropriately,

You have 4 whole days to capture an image of something that does not belong, tinker, tweak and crop said image and attach it to an email.

So don't even think about resealing around the shower or raking out the moss or phoning your parents until you've entered the competition
                      David Styles

Comment

Closing date for submission of your entries is 12:00 noon tomorrow (28th)

Plenty of time yet
                        David Styles

Comment

Originally posted by LightingMan View Post
                          Thank you to those who have submitted their images already

For the rest of the 1914 members a reminder...

You have 4 days left to submit your entry for the odd one out challenge.

or, and perhaps more appropriately,

You have 4 whole days to capture an image of something that does not belong, tinker, tweak and crop said image and attach it to an email.

So don't even think about resealing around the shower or raking out the moss or phoning your parents until you've entered the competition
                          He he he........

Keith
                          Keith

Comment

Hi.

2 issues stopping me from entering....

1. The EXIF is still absent.....saved as Exif/Tiff in master 2 but obviously I have to got to jpeg later.

2.I only know how to upload from the gallery and people will see the entry then.
                            To other sites I either get them from my computer or Photobucket.

Keith

UPDATE......found out what is eating the Exif......O.K. as Tiff and Jpeg ...but if I do NR in Noiseware Community Edition it goes.
                            Keith

Comment

Working...
                            X