Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31st Photo Challenge - "Inspired by a painting or painter"

31st Photo Challenge - "Inspired by a painting or painter"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired by Gregs challenge this months challenge is called "Inspired by a painting or painter". From Turner to Hockney, soup tins to sun flowers.
    I guess I would like to see the mood, colours, composition that follows a famous painting or the style of the painter

Hope you enjoy the challenge and look forward to receiving your entries.

Dave

The How To Enter Bit

-Max of 800 pixels wide or high
    -Up to 512Kbytes
    -EXIF intact please
    -Taken by you on an E-series camera between Saturday 3rd July 2010 and Tuesday 20th July 2010 inclusive.
    -Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Saturday 3rd July 2010 and Tuesday 20th July 2010 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery as soon as possible. We will vote in the week after this, voting will be completed by midnight Friday 6th August 2010. I will announce the results on Saturday 7th August 2010.

Please note these dates are not ideal but my summer holiday is in the middle - if someone else would like to collate the voting then we could save a week

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
    Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
    Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
    Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
    Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
    Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
    Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
    Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached at dave_butcher@ntlworld.com and please include the words Olympus Challenge in the title line.

Re: 31st Photo Challenge - "Inspired by a painting or painter"

Any chance I could bend the rules a little?

I've got E-series lenses, but my daughters got my E-500 in Spain and I've only got my Panasonic DMC-L1 to use at the moment. All the lenses are E-system lenses, Oly 25mm, 35mm 40-150 mm and I won't use my panasonic 14-50 for the comp?

Comment

Inspired by Gregs challenge this months challenge is called "Inspired by a painting or painter". From Turner to Hockney, soup tins to sun flowers.
      I guess I would like to see the mood, colours, composition that follows a famous painting or the style of the painter...................
      .......lets hope they are ONLY in the style and do not COPY too closely.

Good challenge

Keith
      Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
      Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

Really interesting theme Dave

Sounds great fun
        My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Pepper I don't have a problem if you use an Oly lens - others have entered in the past with picctures taken on a legacy lens on an Oly body so not sure this is any different and the challenges are for fun

Dave

Comment

Just a shameless bump
            I'm currently out the country on business so sorry if there is a delay in me responding to entries.

Hope I get back in time to make an entry

Dave

Comment

Just back in country from work assignment to find not a single entry with only 4 days to go

Dave

Comment

Nice challenge Dave. I haven't responded (yet) because I've been away too (providing dinner for an awful lot of insects in northern Spain). I also used up my inspiration on the topic for a challenge entry last year called "Apres Magritte" that is now my avatar

Ciao ... Bitten Bikie John

Comment

Just back from a week away Dave and will get busy fella
                  My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Hi Guys

Just a few days to go and only a couple of entries!!

It looks like I have a Volunteer to collate the votes so if people would prefer we could move the date for the last vote forward to 30th July

Full details with the Voting post

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Another bump as it was never made a sticky!

Comment

Originally posted by dbutch View Post
                        Another bump as it was never made a sticky!
                        That was quite a bump and it motivated me to email my entry this morning.
                        Good luck to all.
                        Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
                        GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Good challenge. Sorry I wasn't able to make an entry this month, only my planned Caravaggio homage proved too ambitious and I am what the Americans would call "totally slammed" at work right now.

Well done everyone who entered
                          AlistairJ

alistairj.smugmug.com

Comment

Working...
                          X