Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

30th Photo Challenge -"Inspired By a Song Title" Voting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th Photo Challenge -"Inspired By a Song Title" Voting

I would just like to start off by thanking all the members who took the time to enter this fun challenge I really hope you enjoyed finding something to fit the theme - I have been singing for the last three weeks but nowt new there It has also been a pleasure to get to know some of our very talented members a little better

It is now time to cast your eyes over the entries and vote for your top three. Your first choice gets three points, second two points and the third gets one point. In true pop tradition we should have a top ten but hey.......

To vote just email(gregles@talktalk.net) or pm me, by the 29th June, with the number and title of your choices and the points you wish to award to each

Results will be announced with imaginary fireworks, bouquets of flowers, bottles of fizz and small statuettes on the 30th. Please have your acceptance speeches ready

Enjoy

1. Slice of Heaven

2. Pump Up The Jam

3. Paperback Writer

4. Parallel Universe

5. Oops I Did It Again

6. Mellow Yellow

7. Its Only Rock And Roll But I Like It

8. Itsy Bitsy Spider Not Washed Out

9. Je T'aime (Moi Non Plus) by Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg. Banned by the BBC in 1969.

10. It Must Be Love

12. Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me

13. Driftwood

14. Blackbird

15. Dancing Queen

Thanks again everyone for your time and trouble

All the best

Cheers

Greg
    My Flickr Home Page

Re: 30th Photo Challenge -"Inspired By a Song Title" Voting

Great entries which will make voting very difficult and which will involve viewing, reviewing, sorting, re-sorting with probably a toss of a coin at the end!

Thanks for all your work on this challenge, Greg.
    Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
    GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Looks like some fun has been done working on them

Well done all

Dave

Comment

Some brilliant ideas here. Best of luck to all.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far

There are four pics in the frame at the moment but the way the votes are spreading across the entries - it is wide open

Keep the votes coming folks

Greg
          My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Re: Photo Challenges

I've just sent off my votes for the current competition - not an easy choice and many thanks to Gregles for organizing it.

However could I register a request that these monthly competitions are timed to coincide with your real, actual, genuine, kosher month (as decreed by the calendar, the Good Lord, the Man in the Moon, Mother Nature, and the Natural Order of Things)?

I did actually have an idea for this last one, for the first time in a while. I even took the shot it was to be based on some 3 weeks ago.

I even did some practiced on the manipulation in the Gimp I would have had to do on my entry and was beginning to make some progress when I noticed that June no longer ended on 30th but on 22nd!

OK, of course it was my fault for not reading the small print. But this does seem to be a complication and an unitentional trap for the unwary. Surely it wouldn't matter much if one competition was finishing as the next one started?

Or at least please post a warning message when there is, say, a week to go.

David

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far

That is a pity that you never got your entry in on time David. Hopefully the timing will be kinder for you in future.

Time is nearly up for voting so please let me have your choices as soon as possible

Cheers

Greg
              My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Working...
              X