A Heron or two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Heron or two

Second Duotone shot in as many days. This time I spotted a Heron while out early in the morning with my E-620 and 50-200. The light wasn't quite right, I think, but I so wanted a shot of a Heron. I know I'm still chasing a better one, but this will have to do for now. Added the affect and a little sharpening and cropping in CS2. The original phot wasnt that good, but I like the recovery-job the Duotone makes.

C&C on how you would have done this or how you think it may be improved welcome.

Graydon

My RedBubble pages

Re: A Heron or two

Good morning Graydon

I do like duo tone shots and your composition looks potentially very good. It is unfortunate that the foliage close to the camera has obscured or interfered with important parts of your image. I know they are out of focus but they do tend to blur and spoil a good setup. It may be that it is not so bad normally but with duo tones I would be looking for a sharp image throughout like most of this image. Not sure what can be done to this image to improve it further though. Hope you do not mind my comments but they are my honest opinion.
    Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

Peter,

I don't mind the comments.

You're right. It was very frustrating. I was concentrating so hard on getting the Heron. It took off straight after this shot.

I think the forground looks worse in the original though. I'm off work today so might try open duotone surgery sometime today when my wife isn't looking. Not sure what as yet.

Graydon
      My RedBubble pages

Comment

I like it alot Graydon! Well Done

Comment

Thanks Edward
          My RedBubble pages

Comment

*sigh* I think the atmosphere is lovely, it looks secret enough for herons.

I'm kicking myself because a couple of weeks ago there was a heron standing in the middle of our pond, eating our fish for its' supper. Instead of grabbing the camera I banged on the window and shooed it away! I doubt if I'll see it again because the pond has now got a network of fishing line all round it.
            - my pictures -

Comment

Ellie,

There are a few around here but they are very secretative, shy and nervous creatures. Will I ever get a chance like that again...well I hope so. And I hope you do too.

Graydon
              My RedBubble pages

Comment

Working...
              X