Woven Plastic Spoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woven Plastic Spoons

Found some colored plastic spoons and put them in a weave pattern. I used a polarization gel with a polarize lens, and Walla.

Re: Woven Plastic Spoons

Beautiful colours there and I like the composition

Every time I see pictures of polarised plastic things I decide that I must have a go myself but I never seem to get around to it

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

The only critique I have is the cliping of the spoon on the top right and the inclusion of the tiny bit of another on the top left. Otherwise, this is excellent.
      Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

That is a nice piece of digital art, the pattern is very pleasing to the eye, and the variation of colors sets the whole image off.

Best regards Paul

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. Graham, I shot around 50 images with different angles and weave patterns. I had a couple that did not have any clipped spoons, but I didn't like the more vertical angle of the image. It seemed I couldn't get a good angle with everything in and not have something clipped. It's the old compromise going on, and I appreciate your appraisal of it. I asked my wife about the clipping of the spoons, and she thought that it gave it a feeling that the pattern continued on and on.

Comment

I enjoy this image a lot. Its very different and the colours are amazing. How do you do this?
            Shirley
            www.shirleyhollisenterprises.co.uk
            www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk

Comment

Great stuff Danny, I always enjoy looking at things a bit different and imaginative.

Paul

Comment

I used a polarization gel that can be bought online. I put the gel on a light table, then put the plastic item on it and use a polarized lens. The stresses in the plastic cause the interesting patterns, which I found out when looking at the spoons. The nice patterns were caused by imperfections (bubbles) in the plastic spoon handles. I also used colored plastic spoons (red, blue and yellow), which brought in a lot of extra color.

Comment

Working...
                X