Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands

I am thinking of taking a series of photographs of hands. The idea was inspired by an amazing photograph entered into our recent club competition. This is one I took last summer, I am definitely looking for critique on this so please feel free to make any suggestions. I think the compression has softened it as the original is a little more 'gritty'.
    Thank you

Shirley
    www.shirleyhollisenterprises.co.uk
    www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk

Re: Hands

I think this is a great subject for a series of images. It's not going to be easy and while Bailey does not do hands, Lanagan does so there's another snippet of useless infomation.

You have a good eye for these "different" subjects so I believe it will be successful, based on this very good starting point.

Will we have to guess at what they are doing

Have fun and please let us see the results.
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Great idea for a project and I'm sure you'll carry it off in style. A great start, too, with the hands caught busy - a hairdresser I presume? The only change I would make is to show a little more of the subject that those hands are working on. For example, presuming it is a person having their hair done, you could show just a little more of their head, maybe cropped tight just below the eyes. Just an idea...
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

This is a cool subject matter, I never would have thought of it. I like how you have the hands doing something, not just posed. The position of the right hand is very nice.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how you develop this series Shirley, it's a good idea.

This one, to be honest, I'm a bit uncomfortable with because it's not clear what the hands are doing. I think it would be nicer if there was more of the model's face and, maybe, if there was more of an idea of what's being done. I think she might be plaiting, but I can't really tell
          - my pictures -

Comment

Thank you to everybody for the feedback. Its so interesting how different people see images, it hadn't crossed my mind that by cropping so closely people wouldnt know what the person was doing. I have since taken several other pics along the same theme so I will upload some more later on.
            Shirley
            www.shirleyhollisenterprises.co.uk
            www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X