The Good Witch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Witch

I've been working on this in PS both in colour and mono, I think I prefer the colour myself but thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Taken with window light and my favourite lens the 45mm f/1.8.

Regards Paul.
    One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Re: The Good Witch

Great shot either way Paul - personally I prefer the mono.

I'd tone down the bright area, top left.
    Brian

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569882@N05/

Comment

As above. .
      Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

I prefer the coloured on. Nice shot.
        I like the antique film like looks it has in top left and lower right corner - what ever the cause may be.
        I dont like the plastic skin around lips, chin etc. If this is just OOF, okay, but if you got there via some sort of softening filter, I feel you did to much.
        Also in the eyes, the iris is nice, but the white part has lost any detail and looks "dead" to me.
        I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

The eyes - nice iris detail but the whites lack any information.
          The mouth - some loss of detail, have you processed this out?
          The hair on the left is nice and sharp, on the right it is a bit soft. Given both eyes are sharp I would have expected a bit more detail in the hair on the right.
          The colour one works for me.

I've been a bit picky but the mouth is the main detraction for me. Great pose and nicely illuminated.
          Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
          Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
          Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
          Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
          Learn something new every day

Comment

I think its great

The mono for me as the eyes just stand out more and I am a mono fan myself.
            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys and yes the mouth is out of focus as it was shot at f2 close up and with no cropping of the image, but as they say the one thing that needs to be sharp in a portrait are the eyes.

In my defense I had a lot of work to do as Maddy had painted blood on her mouth for halloween and then eaten and smeared it over her face, as I said I lot of work in Photoshop, please feel free to have a go with it.

Regards Paul.
              One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

Great shot, Paul.

I find Alfabranch's preference for the mono interesting because he preferred it due to the effect of the eyes in the mono whereas I feel they have such punch in the colour version which is then lost in the B&W!

Those blue eyes really are amazing. Do you have any scope to recover some detail in the underside of the hat? It may just be the way the image's compressed for the site but that looks completely black to me.

dJE

Comment

Oh Paul, please don't make me chose! Why have just one, when you can have both? If pushed I'd go for the colour, mainly because of the eyes.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

A like the colour option,I'm put off slightly with her jaw line,looks square in the edits.

Comment

I prefer the colour image to mono but find the bright area top left a distraction.

Tom
                      "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

I think the rectangular catchlights smack in the middle of the irises spoil it a bit. I'd make them black, and put new catchlights in, to one side, and up a bit. I think I prefer the colour one, overall.

Comment

Working...
                        X