Mrs Magpie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs Magpie

Today I purchased the adapter for my new OMD. Excited!
    Even in low light towards dusk I found a magpie to use my very, very favourite 70-300mm lens on.
    My question is: Do I clone out that bit of wire in the bottom right hand corner?
    I think the dropper and wire add to the "bird on a fence" look, but what do you think? Any other cc appreciated.

Re: Mrs Magpie

The wire does not really bother me but cloned out would give the bird on a post a better/ cleaner look?
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

For me, the wire does tend to draw the eye... otherwise, like wot he said.
      It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

I find it does detract from the image and whereas the post draws the eye in and up to the bird, the wire being very dark can lead you in from the right so conflicts with what could be a nice vertical photo rather than a square.
        Ian from the Cotswolds
        http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I don't think the fence and wire are impacting that much, although they are quite noticeable man-made objects in contrast to the worn wooden pole that is quite discrete.

I would re-crop the picture somewhat (if possible), more space to the left and top and rotate it slightly counterwise.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Thank you for replying Ed, Wally, Ian and Tord.

I have cloned the wire, left more space on the left but couldn't get more height, and rotated slightly.

Comment

Nicely done.
              Colin
              "Don't blame me..."

Comment

Originally posted by George Dorn View Post
                Nicely done.
                Thanks Colin. Why is it that the more I look the more I see I can still do? I don't think I am finished with this bird yet!

Comment

Lyn, This is a great capture - you sure are getting the hang of your new OM-D and NOW have an adapter ... WHOOP! WHOOP!

I would take out the daggy metal too

If you are learning Photoshop ??? then I would make another background cloning just the green back ground, then spin it to be vertical/portrait and pop you bird in on that WHALLAH !

A nice tall Magpie portrait (maybe a winters evening project ?)
                  [I].
                  I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                  Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

yup, the new version works for me although I would be tempted to get rid of the little bit of brown top left.
                    hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                      Lyn, This is a great capture - you sure are getting the hang of your new OM-D and NOW have an adapter ... WHOOP! WHOOP!

I would take out the daggy metal too

If you are learning Photoshop ??? then I would make another background cloning just the green back ground, then spin it to be vertical/portrait and pop you bird in on that WHALLAH !

A nice tall Magpie portrait (maybe a winters evening project ?)
                      Hi Chevvy - Thank you. I am afraid I am a bit of a lost cause with Photoshop - I do as little as possible! I admire the wonderful things people can achieve with pp but I do not have the patience to sit at a pc for long and I feel lack the discipline to persist. I am picking up a bit as I go along - probably enough to keep me happy for the time!

Comment

Originally posted by sponner View Post
                        yup, the new version works for me although I would be tempted to get rid of the little bit of brown top left.
                        Thanks Sponner - I did wonder about that brown corner, but decided it rather balanced the brown post. Maybe?

Comment

well it is lfi

4/3 crop and some cloning (very quick and dirty)

Comment

Originally posted by sponner View Post
                            well it is lfi

4/3 crop and some cloning (very quick and dirty)

Yep! That IS much better!

Perhaps I am onto a good lurk here - post a photo in LFI, sit back and watch the good results come in, hence saving me a lot of pp anguish!
                            I am joking - thank you for your effort - I like it very much!

Comment

ta. as I say its just a quick edit, maybe 2 mins at most.

p.s I wouldn't mind a bash at the raw if you have it (and take a little more time)

Comment

Working...
                              X