Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

E3 & 11 to 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 & 11 to 22

Unfortunately I have had to work away from home this last week or so and have not been able to post this. It has been sat on the computer ready to put on my web site. So I though it was time to post it here.
    E3 & 11-22, 11mm Iso100, f9, 4 sec . 9 photo panno.

Being a 9 photo stitch this is vastly low res compared to the original.
    I processed it using layer masks from different colour channels.
    Thanks for looking
    Steve Roughley
    www.SteveRoughleyPhotography.com

Re: E3 & 11 to 22

Excellent shot(s) Steve, lovely time of day.
    Personally I would like to see a little more foreground especially on the RH side where it is very thin.
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

I like that as it is it was well worth the effort IMO.
      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Excellent shot, but compositionally there is little happening on the rhs.

I'd tend towards a crop roughly in line with the stone spit on the rhs. That way you'd place the lights of the village as a balance to the castle, emphasised by being on the edge of the frame.

Of course, suggesting a crop to pano is a terrible thing, and I apologise.

Nick
        Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
        www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

This is wonderfully executed and results in a super image.

I agee with the other comments about the foreground but cropping a pano just seems plain wrong to me

Hec
          I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Thank you all for your comments.
            I think I did already crop some off the bottom.
            I will have a look at the original files again.

Steve Roughley
            www.SteveRoughleyPhotography.com

Comment

Working...
            X