Early Morning Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Morning Flight

This is a grab shot from the same time I shot the fence series in another thread.

Fire away ( I have a thick skin) and feel free to edit.

Regards Paul.
    One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Re: Early Morning Flight

Another super shot. I think that the bird in flight, which draws the eye, is best not being so central but not sure in which direction to move it to limit it's effect. Perhaps top left?

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Paul, the problem with providing critique on your pictures is that invariably they are excellent and already optimally processed. You must get frustrated with "great shot" comments all the time. So I've had a bit of a play with this one. First thing I noticed is that the histogram is very much biased to the left, which I'm sure you did on purpose to get the mood you wanted. I've moved the right hand slider in to meet the curve of the histogram to lighten the image. I've also moved the bird off-centre to see if it provides better balance.

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Very nice shot! I personally think in this case the central position of the bird is ok. It flies almost straight at you, so there is no obvious direction to shift it to.
        To nit-pick: maybe a tiny bit lighter (not too much, you don't want to spoil the mood)?
        Some of my pictures can be viewed here.

Comment

I see John beat me to it...
          Some of my pictures can be viewed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
            Paul, the problem with providing critique on your pictures is that invariably they are excellent and already optimally processed. You must get frustrated with "great shot" comments all the time. So I've had a bit of a play with this one. First thing I noticed is that the histogram is very much biased to the left, which I'm sure you did on purpose to get the mood you wanted. I've moved the right hand slider in to meet the curve of the histogram to lighten the image. I've also moved the bird off-centre to see if it provides better balance.

Perfect John and moving the bird to where David suggested is the icing on the cake ( I can easily do that ).

You do know I am going to do exactly that to it!

Sometimes fresh eyes can see what my eyes did not, and what I considered a so so image and passed by is certainly looking a lot more than that now.
            Regards Paul.

Comment

As John and Kees said but with more contrast in the mid tones and then a slight bit of zapperoony with Topaz Spicify and Bob's yer teapot

Greg
              My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Greg that reminds me of one of those Japanese cloth wall art prints that were popular in the 70's, usually of a tiger or dragon.
                Regards Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by gregles View Post
                  As John and Kees said but with more contrast in the mid tones and then a slight bit of zapperoony with Topaz Spicify and Bob's yer teapot

Greg
                  Quite like that variation. Grittier. I would have suggested moving the bird, but didn't to avoid upsetting the purists out there.............
                  Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
                    Quite like that variation. Grittier. I would have suggested moving the bird, but didn't to avoid upsetting the purists out there.............
                    It's my image Dave, and when have I ever been a purist, suggest away next time.
                    Regards Paul.

Comment

Working...
                    X