Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Would you like to fly with me in my beautiful balloon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to fly with me in my beautiful balloon?

The balloon launch was at sunrise on a frosty Saturday morning, June 11, 2011
    under identical lighting and conditions as those taken on June 13, last year. The air-to-air Yak shots were taken later this day.

My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Re: Would you like to fly with me in my beautiful balloon?

Looks cool. Business would be good for a trip from Adelaide to Sydney at the moment with the Chilean volcanic ash cloud. I have two daughters intending to fly overseas & to the north of Australia on Thursday & it's all a bit tentative with all flights stopped at Sydney airport today.

Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Yeah, balloon flights Adelaide to Melbourne (depending on direction and velocity of wind) would probably sell well right now, Ross. And with the current gale force winds it might even be faster!

Air travel has become very unattractive, security hassles, delays, cancelled flights, escalating charges etc. Lyn and hubby had the right idea in taking a Pacific cruise!
      My Flickr

Comment

In answer to the question posed by the title - yes I would! It looks absolutely great.

Comment

Very nice Mark, especialy No 3 , great lighting. ATB Martin
          If it ain't broke keep fixing it until it is

my flickr pages
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/martthefridgeman/

Comment

Mark your such an adventurer ! ... Zaks in air to air combat and Hot air balloons in the same day ? I am amazed by the ground frost being quite thick, I never knew you really had frost in Aus ! Superb light capturing all these bright colours !

I liove the 3rd its the flames that do it for me !
            [I].
            I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
            Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by DanH56 View Post
              In answer to the question posed by the title - yes I would! It looks absolutely great.
              Originally posted by fridgemagnet View Post
              Very nice Mark, especialy No 3 , great lighting. ATB Martin
              Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
              Mark your such an adventurer ! ... Zaks in air to air combat and Hot air balloons in the same day ? I am amazed by the ground frost being quite thick, I never knew you really had frost in Aus ! Superb light capturing all these bright colours !

I liove the 3rd its the flames that do it for me !
              Thanks Dan, fridgemagnet and Chevvy.

Chevvy, occasionally we do have frost in winter after a clear sky overnight. We also have lots of snow over the Great Dividing Range at Falls Creek and Mt Baw Bawvery long day indeed!
              My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                Thanks Dan, fridgemagnet and Chevvy.

Chevvy, occasionally we do have frost in winter after a clear sky overnight. We also have lots of snow over the Great Dividing Range at Falls Creek and Mt Baw Bawvery long day indeed!
                Brrr ! ... hush Mark its summer here (please dont swear by talking about - temps

Every Mother knows that her childs birth day is indeed, a very, very, very, long day ... unless she whips them out just before breakfast ! or before dinner
                [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

8:00AM - It has just been announced on tv that many towns in Central West NSW are under snow this morning! (a rare event)
                  My Flickr

Comment

8:00AM - It has just been announced on tv that many towns in Central West NSW are under snow this morning! (a rare event)
                    Yep, my wife rang home from school in Blackheath to tell me the snow was falling in lovely big flakes (from 2.30pm yesterday) & the kids went out & played in the snow (only enough to scrape up a few snow balls) & when she came home she scraped the last remaining bit of snow on the car to hand to me.
                    Ross
                    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

What time is the next flight

Book me in please

Lovely shots Mark
                      My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Balloons a clear sky, Sun on the horizon and frost on the ground.
                        Your photos paint that the colourful picture so well Mark, nice work
                        Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                        Capture One Pro
                        My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by gregles View Post
                          What time is the next flight

Book me in please

Lovely shots Mark
                          I reckon it would it would be rather exciting (or frightening) in the high winds (over 85km/hr) we've been having but at least for the conventional air travellers, the volcanic ash cload is being blown off Australia.

I wonder what air turbulance is like in a balloon?
                          Ross

Comment

Photos please Mark ? ... "now where is that bend in the river?" hidden in all this snow ...
                            [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by gregles View Post
                              What time is the next flight Book me in please
                              Lovely shots Mark
                              Originally posted by Greytop View Post
                              Balloons a clear sky, Sun on the horizon and frost on the ground. Your photos paint that the colourful picture so well Mark, nice work
                              Thanks there Greg, Huw.
                              Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                              Photos please Mark ? ... "now where is that bend in the river?" hidden in all this snow ...
                              What Bend in the River, Chevvy
                              My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X