Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Passing a motion - ..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing a motion - ..........

or laying eggs.

Is this an exercise in constipation or the summation of successful reproduction. Certainly it seems to require a hefty measure of concentration.

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Re: Passing a motion - ..........

... and good balance! Good sharp shot with great colours.
    Originally posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
    or laying eggs.

Certainly it seems to require a hefty measure of concentration.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Wow, that's sharp.....and close! How come you're such a good all-round photographer, Nick?
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
        Wow, that's sharp.....and close! How come you're such a good all-round photographer, Nick?
        Agreed.

Regards. Barr1e
        Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
          Possibly because I'm best described as all-round, as the one photo of me in the gallery will prove. Actually I dispute both claims.

Thank you Barr1e, Stephen.

No one has poop-pooped my suggestion that it might have been egg laying.

Nick
          Nick Temple-Fry

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
          www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Very nice insect macro Nick, and I will proberly agree with you as it is depositing them in the crease of the leaf, some insects then roll the leaf around them for protection.
            Regards Paul.
            One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_S View Post
              Very nice insect macro Nick, and I will proberly agree with you as it is depositing them in the crease of the leaf, some insects then roll the leaf around them for protection.
              Thank you Paul.

Your reading of the scene matches my view, though I've been unable to find confirmatory images on Google, my one reservation is that those images I can find seem to show hoverfly eggs as more pellet like. I'll have to try and capture the behaviour again.

Nick
              Nick Temple-Fry

www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X