Walks this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walks this week...

Manage to get out several times this week... despite the hayfever!

E-3, 9-18

E-3, ZD50-200 mk1

E-3 14-54 mk1

Hope you enjoy....
    My RedBubble pages

Re: Walks this week...

I do like that first shot.. Great primary colours, and nice composition as well. Striking :-)

Pete
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

The first shot is very nice indeed.
      My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Like No. 2 how was it lit?
        Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
          Like No. 2 how was it lit?
          I should have mentioned this, sorry. It was Thursday, I thick, when I ventured into Math Wood near Bourne Lincs armed with E-3, ZD50-200mm, a mini tripod, an FL36r and an idea. It was a dull day but I knew there was a think carpet of Bluebells dying to be snapped. Most shots I had seen up until then were set on showing 'fields-of..' so I thought a single plant artificially lit may be interesting.

I placed the FL36r off-camera in a variety of places, some yielded pleasant results but mainly - I need some more practice.

In this shot it was level with the plant, and to the right of shot trying to highlight the plants behind the main subject.

I ought to ask for advice from others to improve or just for placement ideas - may be in a new thread? Should I post these in "Looking for perfection"?

Thanks for asking Wee man
          My RedBubble pages

Comment

They are each smashing images, very well controlled - but by golly, that first one is worthy of a large poster sized print, it's lovely.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesgj View Post
              It was a dull day but I knew there was a think carpet of Bluebells dying to be snapped. I placed the FL36r off-camera in a variety of places, some yielded pleasant results but mainly - I need some more practice.
              Aha. Let me reveal a photo idea I have been keeping secret.
              Bluebell photos can quite often come out looking rather similar.. So, go down to your local bluebell wood at dusk with tripod and flash and try light painting the bluebells (perhaps from a low angle). Maybe you can get the "sunset through the trees on bluebells" effect but with a neat new twist. Black sillhouettes of trees on a carpet of backlit blue is what I'm thinking...

Pete
              Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Love that first shot with the colourful rapeseed and clouds in the background leading to the one solitary tree.

If it were mine I'd tweek the exposure on the background to make it perfect...well done!

*edit* I see you have posted a Adobe rgb profiled image which has resulted in a reduced brightness and saturation on the web, so my last comment does not apply so much.
                Regards Paul.
                One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

The first shot is a beauty. Cheered me up no end, sitting at my computer in this damp and miserable weather!

Comment

That first one's great, love the shape the clouds make.

Comment

I'll echo what everyone else has said - No 1 is a great shot!
                      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by DanH56 View Post
                        The first shot is a beauty. Cheered me up no end, sitting at my computer in this damp and miserable weather!
                        I'm pleased it had that affect!

All thanks for the comments. I'm really pleased you liked the shots
                        My RedBubble pages

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_S View Post
                          Love that first shot with the colourful rapeseed and clouds in the background leading to the one solitary tree.

If it were mine I'd tweek the exposure on the background to make it perfect...well done!

*edit* I see you have posted a Adobe rgb profiled image which has resulted in a reduced brightness and saturation on the web, so my last comment does not apply so much.
                          Paul,

I have had a large-ish (16x20) poster made of a similar scene taken on the same day, and the colours seem very dull. I'm off to do some research of my own as I am interested in finding out more about what you said about colour profiles. Can you or anyone else expand on this?
                          My RedBubble pages

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesgj View Post
                            Paul,

I have had a large-ish (16x20) poster made of a similar scene taken on the same day, and the colours seem very dull. I'm off to do some research of my own as I am interested in finding out more about what you said about colour profiles. Can you or anyone else expand on this?
                            How about:

http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/color-spaces-page1

Jim

Comment

Working...
                            X