Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our dog doing a 'Leap of Faith..." :)

Hey everyone - hope you're all well.

We went out for a lovely walk today; firstly to Langorse Lake - but the trail we were hoping to follow was totally flooded, so we then went to Llangynydr along the river for a few miles and then back along the (empty, due to break in wall downstream) canal.

Heather, as usual, in her explorative manner (and wellingtons), went across the flooded river and onto the walkway, whilst we in our hiking boots couldn't follow. The dogs did though...

Here's Jim doing a leap of faith when Jen called him back...

Jim | Rosie | Poppy (black & tan)

John

Re: Our dog doing a 'Leap of Faith..."

Great capture John! Perfect timing and pin sharp.
    Hope you all made it home mostly dry
    Phil

Comment

Hi John,

Glad its not just me taking the dogs for a walk at the same time taking photos

Love the shot. Its the sort of action I like to get into. The expressions (yes dogs do have their own expressions) are well captured.

Its been great weather these last couple of days and its been too good to stay in. Lets hope it continues.

Kind regards

PeterD

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
        Hey everyone - hope you're all well.

Here's Jim doing a leap of faith when Jen called him back...

Jim | Rosie | Poppy (black & tan)

Nice caught in action shot John... were you in the water? it seems that from the angles.

Peter
        Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

Thanks folks... we had a great day today - just the weather.

I wasn't actually in the water there Peter, was using the 70-300 from a distance of about 20yds. The image isn't a crop, but was set to 300mm.

This is the field we should have been able to walk across...

John

Comment

John,

Looks very challenging. I would have thought even wellies were out of the question. There you are, strolling across in wellies when oops, 3" of water becomes 3' as you step into a drainage ditch you had forgotten about. At least the E3 should survive.

Kind regards

PeterD

Comment

Hehe... yes indeed Peter - we decided not to venture out and to move elsewhere for our afternoons walk. I think this one is a summer walk really We ended up at another walk only 5 miles from where we were - very lucky really.

I recently purchased a great 'walkers' book for the Brecon Beacons area from an eBay seller that details all manner of graded walks - all are very interesting. There are books in this series that cover all areas of the country.
              John

Comment

Excellent! Love the determined expression! Funny how dogs don't mind getting wet on a walk, but kick them outside in the rain and you never hear the end of it! Well, until you let them back in, anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post

I wasn't actually in the water there Peter, was using the 70-300 from a distance of about 20yds.
                  This lens does begin to look interesting. I am sure the light is a big factor but sharpness seems fine.

I still think the 2.0 converter for my 50-200 might win. Could I justify both?!?

If only it went to 400 rather than 300.

Peter

PS the floods picture is nice too!
                  Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

Hey Peter

Thanks for the comments.

I must be honest, I really do like the 70-300 lens and seem to be getting along with it quite well. You are right, the light factor does have some play in the images produced with this lens - but then again, isn't this the case with all lenses...

The light for that image was very good; a bright sunny day, lots of light. EXIF data was - 1/500th @ f7.1 and ISO400
                    John

Comment

They're both lovely pictures, the first is spot on - shows the determination of the dogs.

As for the 70-300, I'm loving it! I think it'll take over from the 40-150, I'll be taking it on holiday with the 14-42.
                      - my pictures -

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                        They're both lovely pictures, the first is spot on - shows the determination of the dogs.

As for the 70-300, I'm loving it! I think it'll take over from the 40-150, I'll be taking it on holiday with the 14-42.
                        Ellie

I have the 70-300 lens on the E3 most of the time. The 12-60 lens is on the E500. Both of which I carry in the nice Oly Back Pack.

This combination gives me a good focal length range and, at the same time, makes sure that IS is available to the long telephoto. The other lenses are carried in my back pack but seldom used now.

Kind regards

PeterD

Comment

Really like this shot John and love the dogs eyes, honestly the sharpness you get never fails to amaze me.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the develop file for LR you sent me.

Cheers
                          Gar

Comment

Working...
                          X