70-300 shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-300 shots

Here are a few shots taken from my garden in some rather bright winter sun. I was trying out my breathing technique so as to reduce camera shake, using my 70-300, hand held. Not very exciting shots i'm afraid but quite pleased with clarity and focus.

Cant seem to upload anything other than these small pics help any one?
    Last edited by Napper; 8th February 2008, 12:44 AM.

Re: 70-300 shots

The clarity and contrast looks pretty good
    I especially like the dogs expression!

When you say about uploading small photos. Do you mean it won't let you upload larger ones to the gallery? Or thay only appear small in the post? If the latter then it may be to do with the little drop down box at the top where you can select Thumbnail Only (which may have happened), Clickable Thumb, Original etc. However I did have a peek in your Members Gallery but couldn't see them there.

A little more info about where the problem is may help us track it down.

All the best,
    Phil

Comment

Thanks for comments Phil, I think that this is a great lens and although would love it to be faster, it does give great results in good light.

The problem is that when I start a new thread and then go to manage attachments it will only allow me images of up to 97kb to upload which is means very small images. there must be a way to upload larger images but I could not see it. I thought there was a place to upload code which generated a thumbnail but perhaps that is only for online images only.

Thanks for your interest

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Napper View Post
        Thanks for comments Phil, I think that this is a great lens and although would love it to be faster, it does give great results in good light.

The problem is that when I start a new thread and then go to manage attachments it will only allow me images of up to 97kb to upload which is means very small images. there must be a way to upload larger images but I could not see it. I thought there was a place to upload code which generated a thumbnail but perhaps that is only for online images only.

Thanks for your interest

Dave
        You seem to be sending images at 314 dpi, 72 dpi is more normal for screen display and should overcome your file size problem, particularly if you drop quality down to 70-80%.

I tend to use IRFANVIEW for image resizing - it is free

http://www.irfanview.com/

but most editing programs include the necessary options.

Nick
        Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
        www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Well you learn something every day! I didn't even know you could simeply attach a photo to a thread

That's the problem you are having. For an image to be under the 19.5Kb limit this method sets, you need to be saving for web at an image size of about 400 pixels on the longest side (that's a guestimate). The slightly long winded way, that also allows much bigger versions, is to upload the images to your gallery. Then start a new post, and use the My Pics panel on the left under the Smilies to inset them. Then you can have them appear full size, or as a thumbnail which you can click on to get full size. Using this method the file can be as large as 512kB (it is usually recommended to resize it to 800 pixels on the longest side).

I hope that helps. Let us know if not and im sure the e-group detectives can track the problem down

Phil

ps - back on track, I'm quite taken with that lens and considering it as a good walk about lens for candids and animals as more often than not thats the range I use.

Comment

i'm ... quite pleased with clarity and focus
            That's what strikes me too, they're very clear for that sort of distance. It does seem to be a very good lens. I can see it taking over from the 40-150 as a favourite.
            - my pictures -

Comment

This lens looks very good for the price, and well and truley on top of my wish list.
              Geoff

Comment

thanks for all the comments I have removed the pics and am going to try to upload some bigger ones.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X