Fading light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fading light

A couple from this year showing sunsets over the city.

DavidJ.

Re: Fading light

Two contrasting shots here. In the first the city looks beautiful in the fading light. The second is equally facinating but here the city looks ugly and run down. I suppose the contrast is similar to that of Docklands and Haringey!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I really like the top one, it shows a lot of movement in the sky, but there seems to be a lot of detail in the second, each photo tells there own story.
      Geoff

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Both are HDR. Both show the ever-present pollution that hangs over this and all Chinese cities. Here is not as bad as many others.

The first is "Government Square" here in Shenyang, and the sky looked great and I tried to be faithfull with the PP.

The second is a complex of apartments adjacent a canal, and would you believe only 12 years old! They are being demolished as (usually triad/criminal) property developers have realised the location is better served with spanking new high-rise that can sell at a premium. A word in someone's ear, a deal over (or under) the table, and all these (owner) families are displaced in the name of development. Some will take a new apartment and pay extra, others will take the compensation and just buy another somewhere else; lucky if they break even.

Do we really believe that China can decrease it's carbon emissions as promised, or is it all just hot air!

Thanks for looking.

DavidJ.

Comment

Thanks David. The first shot is lovely and the second is interesting. And both are ****** cold! I really enjoy your photos and snippets from a place and society so different from home.

Cheers ... John

Comment

Both are good shots but I have a preferance for the second .Like the pp very much
            Iain

Comment

Working...
            X