Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snaar snaps: Village life

The night shift:

Those last two just fell in my lap tonight. The sort of shot you just have to take, even if it makes you late for tea :-) I did have to explain myself to the stable lass - always best to ask permission eh?

Meanwhile - this was the shot I have been waiting several nights for.

Pete
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Bitey horse: My new friend

A village footpath leads through his paddock. We have an agreement: He doesn't bite me and I don't bite him.

Pete

Comment

These pictures are great Pete!

Comment

Organ Practice:

Aha! I finally traced those occasional almost subliminal musical notes that crept into the office yesterday. One of the church organists was practicing some Bach and some of the lower notes were creeping out of the church eaves and across to our workplace.

Normally this rural church is locked, so it was a chance to pop in, take a picture and chat: Then straight back to work.

Pete

Comment

Just thought I would tune in for the latest episode! I wonder how long you can keep these lunchtime pictures up ?

Comment

Originally posted by EH1 View Post
              Just thought I would tune in for the latest episode! I wonder how long you can keep these lunchtime pictures up ?
              Yes, good point. No installment today despite some nice autumn sunshine, worked straight through lunchtime

Pete

Comment

This is a very entertaining thread. It's like The Archers.

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
                Bitey horse: My new friend

.... (snip horse pic) ...
                A village footpath leads through his paddock. We have an agreement: He doesn't bite me and I don't bite him.
                Well that would get into the Parish Mag, "Man bites horse"
                John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jdal View Post
                  This is a very entertaining thread. It's like The Archers.

Well that would get into the Parish Mag, "Man bites horse"
                  Well they do it in France, don't they.

Nick
                  Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                  www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Here is one from a few days back. I felt these wheat stubble fields needed that mean gritty B+W treatment.

I am expecting all this to get ploughed any time now (unless there is a Euro subsidy for leaving it like this..)

BTW. I met my first Big Tractor on the road home on Friday in the dark. All giant tyres and flashing orange lights. Most impressive.

Pete

Comment

The small farmyard barn: Supported on those staddle stones and accompanied by old wheelbarrows, there is the small barn.

Too small to be converted into a trading unit, too big to be a stable.

And: Looking for all the world like somewhere in Lord of the Rings "Shire" - here is one of the village roads

(Tarmac covered in leaves by PS3 - sorry!)

Pete
                      Last edited by snaarman; 3rd November 2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Well ... if you can design bespoke digital camera circuitry and do the multilayer double sided SMD layouts to go with it, program in 8051 assembler and VHDL for CPLD and FPGA, and have some knowledge of geometric optics .. then we could be interested :-)

Pete
                        No worries, I'll read up on it over the weekend. When can I start?

Ability with a DSLR optional

Now that could be a sticking point....
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

OK, here is one I revisited. I removed the previous attempt as it wasn't good enough. Here is a 3 shot hand held HDR of the same subject but with a better dusk, better technique and a sharper result...

Oh, and while we are on the hand held thing: Here is a nice blue moggie at dusk, hand held at 1 second (hold your breath.............)

Pete

Comment

I really like the Morgan photo. You can see just enough, leaves you wanting more.

Comment

And: Looking for all the world like somewhere in Lord of the Rings "Shire" - here is one of the village roads

(Tarmac covered in leaves by PS3 - sorry!)

Pete
                              I just have to say, along with others, what stunning pictures you are displaying here - and all in your own back yard! The composition and colours are excellent, and inspirational!

'nuff said.

DavidJ.

Comment

It's quite a series you're building up here, Pete, and every picture is excellent. When can we expect to see the book published?
                                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                                X