British Superbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Superbikes

Motorsport season is nearly over Here's a few from lat weekend's Meeting at Oulton Park.

Roll on next season
    Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Re: British Superbikes

Great shots Derek.....

Regards
    PeterL

peterlittlephotography.com

Comment

Well shot Derek, Great action wonderfully sharp you must be very pleased with them.

Comment

You have totally nailed these shots! They are faultless

Comment

Really good images, bright and sharp.

I really struggle with the E3 + 50-200 to get pictures like that. ~sigh~ must practice more
          You canít make a great musician or a great photographer if the magic isnít there. ~ Eve Arnold

Kit: Olympus OM4, OMD E5 MkII And some other junk to make it all work.

Comment

Stonkin' good shoots, Derek, that's how it should be done. First class!
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there ÔŅĹ even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Oh Wow! They must be among the best action shots I've seen! Specially the bottom one. Well done
              Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

Dear Derek,

I just wanted to add a very short comment, fantastic!!

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
                  I'm pleased with the second shot as at this point the bikes at doing 140 150 mph. I was using two combinations E-3 50-200 and E-3 90-250. The 90-250 is my new toy this year. It's a lens I talked myself out of buy about 4 times then the girlfriend said buy it if you don't you will regret it. I love it, it's great but can get too heavy for panning. So I always take to the 50-200 as a lighter back up.

A couple more.

Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

Hi Derek

Last two are cracking shots.

What setting did you use on the E3?
                    Continous focus?
                    Focus lock?
                    Diamond pattern for focus selector are were all of them selected?

Sorry for the questions but I am struggling a little at the moment almost to a point of trading my Oly E3 kit and going with a Nikon D2x and manual focus 300mm. BUT I want it get the Oly system to work because I think it has a far better image then Nikon kit.
                    You canít make a great musician or a great photographer if the magic isnít there. ~ Eve Arnold

Comment

Believe me I have so many that are binned. But when you get the shot which is sharp and nicely framed, with out looking like it's stood still, it's great.

The settings I use are CAF, Shutter Priorty, Between 1/400 and 1/640, With the weather being good I was able to use ISO100 most of the time. I generally use single point auto focus on occasions I have used diamond pattern with bias towards direction of travel.
                      I haven't been able to see any visable differnce with IS on or off.

Because the action is fast and the time between the bikes is short you can get dragged into rushing. I have to tell myself to steady down don't rush, squeeze the shutter button. That when I get my best shots. I can get all the settings right but if the frame of mind is wrong I may was well go home.
                      Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Derek

The Wirral 100 are racing in two weeks, I think, at Oulton (last race of the season) so will give the bikes another go and will try using the 'single point AF'.

This time I will slow down and use the same kind of tactics I use when shooting film.

Comment

These pictures are absolutely superb.

Taking pictures of things that move so quickly is a heck of a skill, it looks as if you've nailed it.

Are you going to submit them to a magazine?
                          - my pictures -

Comment

Thanks Ellie,
                            Motorsport, especially bikes is something I've always liked photographing.

Some days you come home with some shots which really please you. This was one of them.

Although I'm still trying to get Landscapes and wildlife right.

Unsure what I'm going to do with the pictures yet.
                            Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

What an astonishing collection of images! Congratulations. Number 3 is my favourite.
                              David

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X