Stormclouds over Lindisfarne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormclouds over Lindisfarne

We had a nice sunny morning walk on Lindisfarne, then half way along the planned route, at about 1, this lot came along, so we retreated back to the car. Then the sun came out again

It's been that kind of summer up here.
    John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Re: Stormclouds over Lindisfarne

John -

That's a lovely moody shot - quite a contrast to our day at Lindisfarne in September. We were particularly fortunate as we had planned our visit for late one afternoon but realised we were pushing it a little with the tide - in fact it was a blessing we turned back as we would have been sitting it out on Holy Island until about 9.30 pm waiting for the tide to turn, by which time I think we'd have been in trouble finding overnight accommodation! As it happens the next morning was wonderful but by the time we'd left the island and the crowds were arriving the weather had turned but as your picture proves you don't need sun and blue skies for a memorable picture.

Regards, Ann1e

Comment

I was also there in September. Lovely blue skies but boring landscapes. Some places need bad weather to be photogenic. Mono & moody look is good and much better than anything I produced.
      Jim
      Jim
      www.jim-mccabe.co.uk
      http://www.jimmccabephotography.blogspot.com
      (My Travels in Aus & NZ)

Comment

There were storm clouds over Lindisfarne when we went there a few years ago!

What few shops there are shut when the tide is in - presumably the owners think the nobody stays over high tide. My wife wanted to use the public toilet, which charges 20p. We didn't have a 20p and Lindisfarne was closed. My wife had to climb over the stile and was not best pleased. I only have to mention 'Lindisfarne' now and she's 'off'!

Jim

Comment

I think this is a great picture!

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, in common with many places where they have an endless supply of visitors (and therefore income), some locals can be very unhelpful and rude. My wife made the mistake of asking for change for the carpark at an Ice Cream van and was treated to a torrent of "you lot are all the same blah de blah". They're not all like this, mind.
            John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Great picture that reflects the many moods of the island.

Yorkie

OMD EM-1 MkII, 40-150mm Pro, 12-40mm Pro, 75-300mm, Oly 60mm f2.8 Macro, Oly 45mm, FL-50R, Manfrotto 190XPro/Mag Head

Gallery and web site at: http://harphoto.smugmug.com/

Comment

Working...
              X