Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

I'll be back-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be back-

to do these two shots in about 3 weeks.

In the meantime spot the small patch of autumn in the first one.

First one with the E3 on it's back and the 7-14, second one at ground level, both using live view.
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Re: I'll be back-

I like the second image. Nice colours.

Comment

2 nice images, it'll be great to see the difference in a few weeks - though it looks like theres already a lot of fallen leaves.
      Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

I recognise that lens.... I especially like the second shot - very effective.
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Andy - I love the perspective on the second shot. A very,very nice shot indeed - and after seeing yours will hopefully see me get of my ass this weekend and go out and get some of those autumnal shots now in the making by mother nature.

Comment

Yep, that 2nd one is very nice. The colours are excellent. For me I think it looks better with a little cropped off the bottom.
            John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Andy, No2 for me. Only this weekend I said to my better half how autumn had already arrived in our local woods.
              My RedBubble pages

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
                2 nice images, it'll be great to see the difference in a few weeks - though it looks like theres already a lot of fallen leaves.

Tracey

What I'll try and do is to go back every week over the next couple of months and re-take the second picture and see how it progresses.
                The hard thing is finding the exact spot again.
                This is about 2 miles walk from where I live so its a nice mornings walk.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...Hollow,+Essex+[Forest/Wood]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Originally posted by jdal View Post
                Yep, that 2nd one is very nice. The colours are excellent. For me I think it looks better with a little cropped off the bottom.
                John

I did try the crop off the bottom when I first processed this but it made it look a bit to much like a pano.I also took a picture where it was focused on the close forground but did not like this as much.

Thanks very one else for the comments,yes Stephen I still like your lens(sorry my lens)a lot

By the way this is a place called Loughton Camp see URL below for some history.

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=4689
                All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

You should re-post under this topic, so we can compare the difference. I also like #2, with the nice contrast between the brown foreground and the green. Did you have a dry summer for all these leaves to already be on the ground? Around here, there is very little leaf matter on the ground.

Comment

You`ve got the second picture spot-on Andy..........Well Done! & I look forward to seeing the follow-up pictures too!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyH View Post
                      You should re-post under this topic, so we can compare the difference. I also like #2, with the nice contrast between the brown foreground and the green. Did you have a dry summer for all these leaves to already be on the ground? Around here, there is very little leaf matter on the ground.
                      Hi Danny

Its been very dry for thr last month and a half or so with just one or two days of heavy showers.
                      What I'll probably do is start a new thread but include the original picture first.
                      All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X