Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Music From The Park - Swindon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music From The Park - Swindon

Not, as some of you teenyboppers might wish from the Radio 1 Big event, but a more classy performance from the Corsham Band in the Old Town Gardens.

Shot with the Sigma 150mm and the ec1.4 (I'd gone out for the insects).

Bit outside my normal subject matter and a difficult shoot as the bandstand places the players facing inward. So I doubt if I've done anything near justice to a marvellous afternoons entertainment.

I'd appreciate comments as to how well these work and any tips for improvement.

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Re: Music From The Park - Swindon

Nick

Not your normal subject matter, but a nice selection of shots.
    Barrie Norman

http://bwpn.zenfolio.com/

http://naturalhistorycambs.blogspot.com/

Digital Equipment: Olympus E1 - E30 - E-500 | EC-14 & EC-20 Teleconverter | Zukio 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 150mm F/2, 50-200mm SWD, 70-300mm | Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 SLD, 18-50 f/2.8 EX DC MACRO, 150 F2.8 Macro & 50-500mm (Bigma) |Tamron 135mm f/2.5 Macro 200mm f/3.5 | Optecka 800mm f/8 Prime | Wallimax 500mm F/6.3 Mirror Lens | Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-4 O Digital Flash | Manfrotto 055XB Tripod, Opticron Carbon Fibre "Traveller" Tripod, Sidewinder Gimbal Head, Manfratto 676B monopod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Head Lowpro Nature Trekker AWII, Lowpro Vertex 100 AW and Lowpro Toploader Pro 75 AW.

Comment

Not your normal thing so all the more impressive. I love the richness of the greens, think that might be why I love Oly so much!
      Yorkie

OMD EM-1 MkII, 40-150mm Pro, 12-40mm Pro, 75-300mm, Oly 60mm f2.8 Macro, Oly 45mm, FL-50R, Manfrotto 190XPro/Mag Head

Gallery and web site at: http://harphoto.smugmug.com/

Comment

Thank you Yorkie and Barrie.

The bandstand is in a clearing surrounded by trees - so as well as the green in the uniforms there was a signifigant amount in the reflected light.

Nick
        Nick Temple-Fry

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
        www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for linking me to this post Nick. I agree these are lovely and sharp. I too do not have a problem at this distance but, with my Bigma on holiday in Japan (still) I have tried to use this lens with the EC14 for birding - not too happy. It gave me great promise as a 150mm prime but not with the EC14,

Peter
          Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

Wehey... Brass Bands eh Nick, something very close to my heart and also the distinct possibility that I might communicate with these folks daily and not know it!!

I would choose #2 and #3 from this set Nick, probably choosing #3 as my fav because of the wonderful bouquet of colour emanating from the Bb Bass Maybe they are playing the Floral Dance...

sorry....

... runs
            John

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
              Wehey... Brass Bands eh Nick, something very close to my heart and also the distinct possibility that I might communicate with these folks daily and not know it!!

I would choose #2 and #3 from this set Nick, probably choosing #3 as my fav because of the wonderful bouquet of colour emanating from the Bb Bass Maybe they are playing the Floral Dance...

sorry....

... runs
              John

That bouquet is artistic use of the surrounding vegetation to frame the image and create a soft summer atmosphere, shame on you for not realising it

I hope to get a chance to do a few more brass and silver bands in the bandstand - it creates a gloriously complex combination of shapes, colours and reflections.

Glad you commented as I knew the subject played to your interests.

Nick
              Nick Temple-Fry

www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X