Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake of Menteith & David Marshall Lodge

Hiya

Thought I would share a couple of my shots, they are similar to Garrie's ones, but that's because we go to the same places lol, but i do try to get a different angle, just so they don't look like carbon copies, although we do pp quite differently.

All C & C welcome

#1 - David Marshall Lodge

#2 - David Marshall Lodge

#3 - Lake of Menteith

#4 - Garrie - Lake of Menteith

#5 - Lake of Menteith

#6 - after packing away all of our kit a swan decided to appear from no-where so it was a quick scramble to get the camera out, it was handheld shots of the swan and this was the least wobbly of the bunch.

Re: Lake of Menteith & David Marshall Lodge

Wow Susan, for someone who has supposedly just got her hands on an E-500, making just her 3rd post... I rekon we are all in for some stunning images off you...

Have to just love that #2 though, now that is something I'd really want to be able to take. Cracking images Susan, thanks for sharing.
    John

Comment

Hi John

Many Thanks, your comments are really appriciated

I've only had the E-500 about 6 weeks, but I did occasionally get to play with it before that when Garrie owned it, but I didn't understand any of the settings. It was always a case of getting Garrie to set it ready for me and me basicallly pointing and shooting. Don't get me wrong though, I still don't really have much of a clue when it comes to appertures and f stops. And I do still rely on Garrie to advise of whether I should have the camera on aperture priority or photo setting.

I did borrow Garrie's ND8 filter for the water shots and I had the camera mounted on my tripod. I really like the smoky water shots and I'm hoping that we can get to a waterfall where we can really get the best of this type of effect.

Thanks
      S

Comment

Hi Susan,

I have to agree with John. Beautiful images. I love the sunset over water scenes in particular.

Great work

PeterD

Comment

Some great shots.

Welcome.

Happy New Year.
          Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Some very nice scenes there that you have capturered well.

Comment

wonderful images - I just love No2 for the colours and wide range of interest as well as the excellent water.

stunning
              E, Pen and OM-D bodies
              43 m43 and legacy glass
              loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Working...
              X