X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmm beer. [well Larger actually}

_B180024 by Ian Wheatley, on Flickr
    Mmmm beer. by Ian Wheatley, on Flickr
    After my pyrrhic victory so to speak in last months comp., thanks to all who liked my snap BTW, especially Biker John and his nice comments, I thought I would dust off the old E1 and give it an outing while my other half was shopping in the local B&Q. Directly behind the store is this, The Carlsberg Brewery situated right by the river. With an hour to kill I wandered along its bank and this is one of the snaps I have to show for my efforts. I think for a camera produced circa 2003 it can still hold its own and I know its loved by many here, you only have to press that shutter to see why. I sold my original but soon realised what a fool I had been and when a suitable one came up on ebay I didn't hesitate. Anyway, I can now at least enter the monthly comps. legally. Regards to all, Ian W.

PS. Added a B&W version, what do members prefer? Opinions welcomed.

Re: Mmmm beer. [well Larger actually}

Nice one Ian. I'm not sure what the relationship is between Carlsberg and beer though

Did you do much to gee up the colours? I know the E-1 colours are widely admired and the low sun at this time of year can produce some brilliant effects, but this is really vibrant.

John

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
        Nice one Ian. I'm not sure what the relationship is between Carlsberg and beer though

John
        Reminds me of something I overheard in Belgium last year.
        Sat outside a cafe in Dinant and a customer asked if they had a beer that was like Heineken.
        Surprised they didn't just lean over into the adjacent river or wait for a passing dog to cock its leg

Comment

Never did get a taste for the stuff myself. Give me a pint of Doombar Amber or something similar any day and that's me sorted. Ian W.

Comment

I have to say that chilled lager leaves me cold. I prefer a nice warm english ale.
            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
            Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
            X