Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Animal Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Farm

I had a wonderful day at Nadia's farm shooting pictures of her 4 year old thoroughbred Welsh Cobb, Andelain "Aphrodite".
    Andelain is Nadia's registered stud, and her horses are taking out championships all over Australia.

She also breeds a few calves, mainly for home family consumption.

I had to laugh watching her bottle feed one while keeping the other at bay by letting it suck her finger!
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Re: Aphrodite and Two Suckers

The horse looks a beauty, Black Beauty perhaps. Just looks too dry to be eating hay...

The little calves look adorable. Photo's in Oz are so good, compared to our dull light half of the time...
    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Nadia's Cobs are originally from imported thoroughbred Welsh stock. She is doing extremely well with them, Mark.
      Photographically the contrast is so high that I spend hours editing RAW to correct tonal balance.
      She has a way with horses, some say she's a "whisperer", I think that maybe they're right!
      I agree that our light is extremely bright compared to English light.

My Flickr

Comment

Blimey having to edit to reduce contrast sounds a bit odd Mark, wouldn't have that problem here very often
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
          Blimey having to edit to reduce contrast sounds a bit odd Mark, wouldn't have that problem here very often
          I understand and agree, Phill. Personally, I think the subdued English light makes for great photography, even if the chill weather doesn't.
          Soon you'll be able to show us antipodeans some Christmas card images, peeking through cheerily lit windows of snow covered cottages!

Yesterday I forgot to mention that Nadia's farm is 25kms from Wang' by a sealed road route.
          On the way home I took a short cut over rough terrain, 5kms shorter but worth it, I thought.

EVERLASTING PAPER DAISIES IN FULL BLOOM
          My Flickr

Comment

That ground does look rough Mark, great stuff for you helicopter...

Nice flower photo, they look to be in seed already...

Lovely colour...:-)
            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Re: Animal Farm

I really like the photos which you took on your "short cut". Beautiful colours and just the right depth of field on the close up.
              Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
              Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Re: Animal Farm

Mark, Larry, I love the Warby Range, it is the one topographical feature that imo makes Wang' livable. My fear being a bushfire. there is so much fuel on the ground that when (rather than if) it happens it will be an inferno.
                My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X