E-M5 III First Pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-M5 III First Pix

It's been a long wait but I am pretty sure it has been worth it. I struggle with carrying weight so have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the EM-5 Mk III!

I picked one up in Watford yesterday and although the weather was not too kind to me today (at least it was not raining), I was determined to get out. We ventured to what was a small hamlet not too far away and just took a few shots of the swing bridge alongside The Three Horseshoes (1535). The sun did make an appearance for the first pic, I then tried a similar b/w. A narrow boat approached so we were able to see the swing bridge in action - it spans a very narrow country lane but a busy one as The Three Horseshoes is very popular. Just had to take the 4th pic - not sure the equivalent of a 50p fine is much of a deterrent nowadays!

Regards,
    Anne

Re: E-M5 III First Pix

Lovely pictures....and the pub looks glorious...:-)
    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
      Lovely pictures....and the pub looks glorious...:-)
      It's pretty good. They have a ukelele session there every third thursday of the month. It's well run (and free) and consequently very popular:

http://www.hamishcurrie.me.uk/burp/

Jim

Comment

Ann1e, you've certainly taken to the new camera and got some lovely shots despite the weather. That's a delightful spot and the old swing bridge looks particularly good in B&W. The pub looks very enticing!
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I agree with John the colour shot is pretty nice but that B&W works really well. Definitely looks like a good pub. Congrats on the new camera looks like it's found a good home.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Beautiful images, I havent had time to go out with mine yet
            Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

I really like all the pictures ...... except the B&W one which I think drains all the life out of the scene.

Comment

Nicely done despite the flat and mediocre lighting.
                Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                  I really like all the pictures ...... except the B&W one which I think drains all the life out of the scene.

I think the B&W has an authentic vintage post card look.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                  X