Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Say Hello to The Bund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Hello to The Bund

The bit of Shanghai the whole world knows about....

The Bund
    by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Pudong

Broadway Mansions Hotel

Waibaidu Bridge

Pudong from Waibaidu Bridge

Waibaidu Bridge and Pudong

Waibaidu Bridge

Shanghai SWAT

Finally, a shot from East Nanjing Road. Biggest shopping street in the most populous country on the busiest shopping day of the year? They bought the PLA in to help keep order (and anyone walking on the wrong side of the road received a full on b*****ing).

East Nanjing Road

Re: Say Hello to The Bund

Lovely set Jason, atmosphere must be very dry to those crisp results....
    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks for sharing

I have had the privilege of going there, but have only seen it at night because I was working in the day

Regards
      Andy
      My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
      4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
      m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
      FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
      The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
      http://www.shenstone.me.uk
      http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
      https://vimeo.com/shenstone
      http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Whole world minus me then Jason. Looks great thanks for enlightening me
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Nice shots. You have just increased my knowledge of Shanghai immeasurably.
          Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
          Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
          Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
          Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
          Learn something new every day

Comment

Jason, in less than a dozen, a most impressive coverage of Shanghai. I am struck by the crispness of these pictures, what lens did you use, 12-40 pro? I will checkout your Flickr for exif and hopefully it's there!
            My father was Chinese and a supporter of the Kuomintang, so I wouldn't be game to visit. They'd probably detain and bloody well torture me in the chamber of a thousand deaths! I take after my Irish mother

Edit: Yep, the 12-40 pro, it was.
            My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
            The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
            On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
              My father was Chinese and a supporter of the Kuomintang, so I wouldn't be game to visit.
              Ah yes - founded by Sun Yat Sen early last century and later led by Chian Kai Chek (sp?). Does the Kuomintang still exist in Taiwan (previously Formosa)?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                Ah yes - founded by Sun Yat Sen early last century and later led by Chian Kai Chek (sp?). Does the Kuomintang still exist in Taiwan (previously Formosa)? Jim
                I doubt it, Jim ... not wishing to antagonise Xi Jinping, the Taiwanese government in exercising the utmost form of political correctness would be at pains to not even think about it.
                My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                  Jason, in less than a dozen, a most impressive coverage of Shanghai. I am struck by the crispness of these pictures, what lens did you use, 12-40 pro? I will checkout your Flickr for exif and hopefully it's there!
                  My father was Chinese and a supporter of the Kuomintang, so I wouldn't be game to visit. They'd probably detain and bloody well torture me in the chamber of a thousand deaths! I take after my Irish mother

Edit: Yep, the 12-40 pro, it was.
                  Yes, it was indeed the 12-40. Best lens I've ever owned. I suspect some of the crispness comes from the application of the new Structure slider in Lightroom.

When applying for a Chinese visa, they do ask if you have any Chinese ethnicity. My suspicion is they would welcome you with open arms, regardless of whether your father came from (Taiwanese citizens travel too/from China everyday). The civil war remains a sensitive issue though.

Comment

Originally posted by Internaut View Post
                    Yes, it was indeed the 12-40. Best lens I've ever owned. I suspect some of the crispness comes from the application of the new Structure slider in Lightroom.

When applying for a Chinese visa, they do ask if you have any Chinese ethnicity. My suspicion is they would welcome you with open arms, regardless of whether your father came from (Taiwanese citizens travel too/from China everyday). The civil war remains a sensitive issue though.
                    Structure Slider?? Do you mean the Texture Slider?

If not I have not found the Structure slider yet...:-(
                    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                      Structure Slider?? Do you mean the Texture Slider?

If not I have not found the Structure slider yet...:-(
                      Oops - yes I meant Texture slider. Seems to do very similar things to the Stricture sliders found in Capture One and Snapseed.

Comment

Its an excellent tool, I think it must increase contrast between colours......
                        Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X