Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

U3A trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U3A trip

I took my U3A group on a few days trip to Weymouth. One of the group organised a flexible itinerary for us.
    Here are three of mine.
    We got up early to get a shot of the castle but I couldn't climb up the hill to get a good shot, had to make do with this one.

Train at Corfe Castle station. We were wandering around Corfe and I noticed a sign to the railway station, found it and got chatting to a train buff/photographer who told me that although there were no official trains running, a steam train would be along shortly, so I waited and got a few shots, this is the best I think.

Went to Portland and on the way back got this view from Portland Heights.

Altogether it was a very successful trip.
    sigpicDave

Re: U3A trip

I like the train shot with the castle in the background.

Comment

Great steam train shot.
      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
      Learn something new every day

Comment

3 great shots but the train is the stand out thanks to the background!
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Did you try the gents urinal at Corfe? It's an authentic 50s experience, complete with smell. It's got the big masonry slabs separating the bays (I'd forgotten about them!).

I understand that the line is now connected to the main line, so you can travel by train from London to Swanage. I guess that you could travel 'Up North', if for some strange reason you should want to!

Jim

Comment

Great shots in less than stellar light. The train shot is just perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
              Did you try the gents urinal at Corfe? It's an authentic 50s experience, complete with smell. It's got the big masonry slabs separating the bays (I'd forgotten about them!).

I understand that the line is now connected to the main line, so you can travel by train from London to Swanage. I guess that you could travel 'Up North', if for some strange reason you should want to!

Jim
              Yes I did, but they were very clean.
              sigpicDave

Comment

Working...
              X