Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

An amble in the woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An amble in the woods

This is a shot taken in Skipton woods a couple of weeks back. The sheer variety of colours is most pleasing.

Re: An amble in the woods

Very nice.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Donkey View Post
      This is a shot taken in Skipton woods a couple of weeks back. The sheer variety of colours is most pleasing.

I see others can see your image but unfortunately I can't.

Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Me too, cannot see image

Comment

I can see it.

The file is stored on Dropbox at this address: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pslhaf8mn...ods_1.jpg?dl=1

It could be that you need a Dropbox account to be able to access the file?

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Nice photo. Like others I couldn't see the image in the original post, but I do have a Dropbox account so was able to see it after clicking on the link posted by Tordan58.

In the original post I just get the small graphic question mark icon, and now that I'm looking properly, I can see that it's not a clickable link, but right-clicking tells me that there is an image there that I can open in a new tab or window.

The first time I clicked on Torday58's link I was asked if I wanted Dropbox to download items, which I allowed.

Hope that helps if anyone else can't see the image.

Comment

Really nice image but like others, I can't see it here. In fact, it actually downloaded when I clicked the link Tordan58 put up.
              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

It is a really nice photo with a lovely display and variety of colours. Personally, I would have liked to see a normal exposure. The use of long exposures to create water scenes or "milky water effects" has been so overused by so many they are no longer unique or attractive. I do realise I'm probably in a minority of 1 for holding this opinion

I had no problem viewing the image shortly after it was posted and I don't have Dropbox.

Jax

Comment

I saw it straight away, it's a lovely shot.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

I have previously had problems trying to display an image hosted in Dropbox. In one case, a kind moderator sorted it for me but said the image had been received as a png file despite it clearly being rendered as a jpg on my PC.

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                    It is a really nice photo with a lovely display and variety of colours. Personally, I would have liked to see a normal exposure. The use of long exposures to create water scenes or "milky water effects" has been so overused by so many they are no longer unique or attractive. I do realise I'm probably in a minority of 1 for holding this opinion

I had no problem viewing the image shortly after it was posted and I don't have Dropbox.

Jax
                    Thanks Jax, you have a valid point of view. I try to render water to show detail in the lighter tones as I do not like water rendered as a milky cloud. i hope that intent is clear is this shot. Having said that, I dislike water "frozen" as if it is still life.

Comment

Just for the record, I saw the picture straight away and I don't have dropbox. Viewing on Chrome if that helps any?

Comment

No problem when using Chrome. The Dropbox link also opens OK in Firefox.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X