WANGARATTA

Catholic Church

Murphy Street

Art Gallery

Public Library

My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Re: A Night on the Town

Nice set Mark, love those fishy ones...:-)
    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I agree, nice set Mark. Is Murphy Street always such a lively bustling place or was it taken at 3am ?

Jax

Comment

A very nice set Mark. Mind you, with the first one I did try to blow the stars off my computer screen before I realised that they weren't dust particles.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
          I agree, nice set Mark. Is Murphy Street always such a lively bustling place or was it taken at 3am ? Jax
          Murphy St. was shot at 8:28pm, and being a week night the streets were all but deserted. I live in a country town of 28,000 peeps.
          They are all at home in front of the telly, or blind drunk at the pub. Thanks Jax

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
          A very nice set Mark. Mind you, with the first one I did try to blow the stars off my computer screen before I realised that they weren't dust particles. Ron
          Thanks Ron. Truth to tell, I hadn't noticed the stars until you mentioned them. I was so blown out of my little brain after getting home around 10pm
          that in my haste to post them, I processed the LF jpegs instead of the RAW. Hence in the sky there's a slight degree of noise. Just laziness.
          My Flickr

Comment

Re the first picture - I take quite a few pics of floodlit castles and churches, the big dilemna is whether to colour correct the light on the stonework. Yes I lose the sense of the floodlit building but I get a closer view of the stone work.

I guess that both versions are valid.
            This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
              Re the first picture - I take quite a few pics of floodlit castles and churches, the big dilemna is whether to colour correct the light on the stonework. Yes I lose the sense of the floodlit building but I get a closer view of the stone work. I guess that both versions are valid.
              Very true, Derek. I'm not as forensic about detail. My usual focus is 'the big picture', the 'show it how it looks' approach with emphasis on composition.
              My Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X