Muntjac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muntjac

The weather today stopped us taking Red Kite due to the low cloud near the resting site fairly local to us.
    We went for a drive instead and were rewarded by a pair of Muntjac eating in a valley. The smaller of the two turned its back on us and continued munching. The brave one didn't run (as per usual) as I suspect the distance from us gave it encouragement to brave the situation.

After lunching ourselves we found them a little distance away digesting.

EM1-X - Olympus 40-150 + 2X converter - various settings

Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Re: Muntjac

Nice couple of photo's Barr1e. Which photo was taken first? And be interesting to know how close you got to the deer, and lens...…………..
    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks Mark, I hope the exif info will help.

Comment

That's interesting as the EXIF I get on your original posts is slightly different, maybe due to the EXIF viewer. If it weren't for the max aperture of 5.6 one might get the impression they were taken with the 300 rather than the 40-150+MC20.
        David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

A nice find and two good captures Barr1e. However they don't look like Muntjacs to me. I think they are probably Roe Deer, which are much less common in my part of the country.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
            That's interesting as the EXIF I get on your original posts is slightly different, maybe due to the EXIF viewer. If it weren't for the max aperture of 5.6 one might get the impression they were taken with the 300 rather than the 40-150+MC20.
            We wish we were fortunate enough to own the 300, however Anne and I use the MC14 and the MC20 which we find quite adequate for the use we put them too.

Thanks for commenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
              A nice find and two good captures Barr1e. However they don't look like Muntjacs to me. I think they are probably Roe Deer, which are much less common in my part of the country.

Ron
              Thanks Ron -

I wasn't sure because originally I thought they were Reece Muntjac and since another made a similar comment to Anne regarding Roe Deer we agree with your thoughts.

Again many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X