British Waterways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Waterways

British Waterways are no more and the owner of the boat named his after their demise - so I guess the name lives on.

Olympus OM D-EM-1 mkll + 40-150 lens - A.mode - f6.3 - ev-1/3 etc

Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Re: British Waterways

Sad. The end of an era.
    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Not sad at all. Canal And Rivers Trust are doing a much better job. They actually want people to use the canals and tow-paths unlike the bone idle civil servants of BW who resented anything which caused them to have to do any work. I suspect the barge is an old BW work boat which is why it would have had the name painted on it.
      Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

A lovely, tranquil scene. Until I unexpectedly got married in my (very) late 30's I planned to live on a narrowboat when I retired.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
          A lovely, tranquil scene. Until I unexpectedly got married in my (very) late 30's I planned to live on a narrowboat when I retired.
          Colleague of mine did just that, met and moved in with a lovely lady who lived on a narrowboat.
          She made and sold stuff at craft fairs also from the boat too.
          Met her whilst we were running a cable across the canal, must be the shortest submarine cable in the world.
          Envied him rotten at the time, she was gorgeous too which made it seem almost perfect.

Comment

I believe in its early days BW operated a fleet of cargo carrying boats so this may be one of those, or a replica (like the large number of "Fellows Morton & Clayton" vessels you see everywhere!).
            Regards
            Richard

Comment

Working...
            X