Brisbane City Hall with new 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisbane City Hall with new 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO

A very big thank you to Ross for reminding me that, as it was Olympus' 100th birthday this past weekend, there were some serious discounts to be had on Olympus cameras and lenses. I did the same thing that he did. - I went out and bought a 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO lens at a very decent price.

This morning, I tried it out on my way to work. I walked from the Central Train Station to work in Mary Street, making a detour via King George Square and the Brisbane Town Hall.

Here are two of the photos which I took. I did a fair bit of keystone correcting, but not too much.

Now to go and do some "cathedral shots".
    Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
    Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Re: Brisbane City Hall with new 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO

I'd like to see these nicely composed shots taken in sunshine, but as you were on your way to work, you are forgiven, Larry!
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Mark, we've had some rain. - I am not going to complain. I might even have to mow the lawn this weekend.

The sunny shots can come later.
      Larry

Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Nicely done Larry. Yeah, there was no way I was going to pick up my lens without taking the camera with me to try it on the way home. I put it on the camera in the store & have kept it there so far. I haven't swapped it for anything else yet. New toys are always fun.

Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by griffljg View Post
          Mark, we've had some rain. - I am not going to complain. I might even have to mow the lawn this weekend.

The sunny shots can come later.
          We've been thankful for rain too & I mowed the lawn this afternoon in case we get a bit more tomorrow.
          Ross
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
            We've been thankful for rain too & I mowed the lawn this afternoon in case we get a bit more tomorrow.
            I am still a working man and so I have to wait for weekends to mow the lawn.
            Larry

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

They're great photos, Larry, but a poor facsimile of the real thing built 170 years earlier!

And it was designed to be visually stunning without the need for sun....
                Stuff from Cuba
                More stuff from Cuba
                It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                  They're great photos, Larry, but a poor facsimile of the real thing built 170 years earlier!

Thankfully they made a huge improvement with the 'facsimile' then & with 'space'!
                  Actually, I wonder if they imported ancient Romans with a time machine to build it.

Ross

Comment

Originally posted by griffljg View Post
                    I am still a working man and so I have to wait for weekends to mow the lawn.
                    I'm supposed to be a 'working man' too, with clients waiting for their instruments, but my working life can be somewhat relaxed at times.
                    Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                      Thankfully they made a huge improvement with the 'facsimile' then & with 'space'!
                      Actually, I wonder if they imported ancient Romans with a time machine to build it.

I agree with Ross. The "facsimile" appears to be a great improvement on the original.

How's this for a view from the top?

I took that photo nearly two years ago.
                      Larry

Comment

That's a WOW shot Larry!
                        Ross

Comment

That is great, looks like Lego!
                          Stuff from Cuba
                          More stuff from Cuba
                          It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                            My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                            The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                            On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

My normal MO...
                              Stuff from Cuba
                              More stuff from Cuba
                              It all started here

Comment

Working...
                              X