Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Newbury on fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbury on fire!

Over the weekend Newbury hosted an arty event. They do this sometimes. They had stilt walkers once. They had a lantern parade.

This year they had a Fire Garden and the town centre was filled with a lurid arrangement of braziers, fire filled trees, various automata incuding fire, and lots and lots of little pots with fire in them.

It was quite a spectacle on Sunday evening (the only day it didn't rain I suspect) and the streets were jammed with families, kids, dogs, pickpockets, photographers and occasional marshals.

Considering you have to have to carry out a risk assessment before kids can play conkers - how on earth did they get away with loose fire all over the town? **

So - pictures above were either my Pen F with the 45mm or my phone (I wish I had taken the 12mm F2)

Pete

** If it helps, the fire garden was put on by an art group from France - where presumably no one gives a ship.
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Re: Newbury on fire!

Nicely captured, and a little luck with the weather. It seems to be grotty pretty much everywhere at the moment.

Comment

Working...
    X