What planet is this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What planet is this???

I really was in 2 minds about sharing this, for a very odd reason too... the image looks like I went mad in editing, cranking up the purple! but I didn't, and this is how it really looked.

The light only lasted 10 minutes, and combined with the mist was perhaps only second to when I saw the northern lights in the wow stakes!... Even the ground looks purple. Luckily I was all set up, so had chance to capture the shot and stare in amazement! So I thought I should post it anyway.

I have a second image too, from a different angle and that has the same look, just with boulders instead of the kitkat stones in the foreground.

kitkat
    by Chris Gash, on Flickr
    Junk on Flickr
    Even more Junk on Instagram

Re: What planet is this???

Great catch. Well captured.

Where were you?

Comment

Thanks.

Its Higger Tor, in the Peak District not far from Sheffield.
      Junk on Flickr

Comment

That's a brilliant image and one you will certainly struggle to repeat. Glad you decided to post it.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

I have shot in conditions like that and believe it looked that colour.
          I was criticised for unrealistic colours and the vibrancy. I was expecting mist on the beach and the clouds broke and the colours went mental the first time.

Lovely shot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
          OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I'll add the other view later.
            Junk on Flickr

Comment

Most impressive. Good capture.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

2 minutes earlier...

purple sky
                by Chris Gash, on Flickr
                Junk on Flickr

Comment

Brilliant capture, looks very other worldly.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Thanks Phill. Usual stomping ground, northern end of the Peak District
                    Junk on Flickr

Comment

The last one is stunning and I'm sure it would win competitions, though I'd be inclined to trim a bit off the bottom to reduce the 'squareness'.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                        The last one is stunning and I'm sure it would win competitions, though I'd be inclined to trim a bit off the bottom to reduce the 'squareness'.

Jim
                        Thanks for the advice and encouragement Jim. Much appreciated.
                        Junk on Flickr

Comment

Lovely shots Chris. I can quite believe the colours having experienced similar myself. A bit of advice I got from Eddie Ephraums a long time ago - "when everyone else is shooting the sunset towards the sun, turn round and look behind you". It can be surprising! Probably unwise to leave white balance set to "auto" though .
                          Regards
                          Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
                            A bit of advice I got from Eddie Ephraums a long time ago - "when everyone else is shooting the sunset towards the sun, turn round and look behind you". It can be surprising! Probably unwise to leave white balance set to "auto" though .
                            That advice is very important for sunrise and sunset in landscape photography but to go with arrive early and stay late too as this can very good way before/after sunrise/sunset.

Auto WB is fine in RAW if you process correctly. I always use auto WB.
                            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Working...
                            X