Quick grab shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick grab shot

Just trying something through the window and caught this Cosmos flower blowing around in the wind.

It's a bit soft but I didn't expect to get anything really.
    Anyone know if it's possible to get rid of the almost double exposure effect on the oof petal edges?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Re: Quick grab shot

Phill, why would you need to get rid of the soft edge effect, it's a part of the overall soft effect of the flower that only accentuates the sharpness of the bee. It's a damned good grab shot, it is what it is.
    That said, if you really want to try removing the soft edges, then you could try selecting all of the near black tone with the magic wand tool, expand the marquee by about 10 pixels (on orig. img) and clone the perimeter.
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
      Anyone know if it's possible to get rid of the almost double exposure effect on the oof petal edges?
      Go back to single glazing.
      Stuff from Cuba
      More stuff from Cuba
      It all started here

Comment

Edited as per method suggested above, with some extra tweaks..
        My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
        The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
        On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Brilliant Mark that was just the effect I had in mind thanks. Much cheaper than replacing the double glazing Beagle although I take your point. Wasn't sure if it was just an oof effect or due to the moving of the flower or as you say the double glazing. I suppose as an even cheaper alternative I could have opened the window .
          I was really just checking out a feature on the camera for a friend and didn't actually set out to take any shots. The Cosmos waving about outside just caught my eye and when I saw the little bug I thought can I catch it with the flower behind it.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Working...
          X