Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

Flowers at Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mt Tomah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers at Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mt Tomah.

It takes about an hour to get to Mt Tomah from where we are, driving up the Great Western Highway route that crosses the Blue Mountains, via Mt Victoria to go north along the Darling Causeway to Bells Line of Road to then go east to Mt Tomah which is on the northern side of the Grose Valley, but besides the reptile displays that happened there at the Botanic Garden on Saturday we enjoyed ourselves wandering around the gardens before coming back the same route on the way home & indulging in a late lunch of fish & chips in Blackheath (a must if visiting that area ). The alternative eastern route is via Hawkesbury Road that goes from Springwood through Yarramundi (on the junction of the Nepean River & the Grose River that becomes the Hawkesbury River) & north to Richmond & from there west up the Bells Line of Road, but we chose not to go that way although both are nice routes.

Anyhow, this is some of the flowers of a few plants in the Proteaceae family they had growing there (mostly African in these photos) such as Proteas etc. that are also related to our Proteaceae species like the Waratah & Banksias etc (& many other plants).

K8171425[C1-12]adj-cr by Ross, on Flickr

K8171344-cr by Ross, on Flickr

K8171223-adj-cr by Ross, on Flickr

K8171004[C1-12]adj-cr by Ross, on Flickr

K8171147[C1-12]adj-cr 1 by Ross, on Flickr

K8170975[C1-12]adj by Ross, on Flickr
    E-M1 II & 40-150 F2.8 lens.

There are some more here.

Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Re: Flowers at Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mt Tomah.

Very nice Ross.
    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
    Learn something new every day

Comment

Lovely set, Ross.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Lovely set.

Comment

A great set Ross and I see the bees like them too.

Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Nice to see such a variety of protea in perfect bloom there Ross. I've never seen the white variety, and I like your BIF.
            I may have to make another visit to the Blue Mountains at some time; sadly we had such bad weather, got ripped off bigtime
            at a Toowoomba cafe by the tourist shark! Next time I think I'll just hang out at Bondi and admire the "beachscapes"!
            My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
            The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
            On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              Lovely set, Ross.
              Originally posted by Infocus View Post
              Lovely set.
              Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
              A great set Ross and I see the bees like them too.

Originally posted by pandora View Post
              Nice to see such a variety of protea in perfect bloom there Ross. I've never seen the white variety, and I like your BIF.
              I may have to make another visit to the Blue Mountains at some time; sadly we had such bad weather, got ripped off bigtime
              at a Toowoomba cafe by the tourist shark! Next time I think I'll just hang out at Bondi and admire the "beachscapes"!
              Thank you all. I wish we had some rain here though.

Ross
              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
              X