Jensen Interceptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jensen Interceptor

In my 20s, in the 1960s, this was a car about which I often fantasized. I had never seen one until Sunday. There was a small classic car event in a pub car park.

This is the way it works. Cars just have to turn up on the morning. Nobody know which models to expect or in what order they will arrive. They can arrive, or leave, at anytime during two and a half hours. The display area is just the normal parking bays with the cars parked normally.

So photography has to be done the best one can in the circumstances. With the Jensen, I managed to get to it while its driver's side was unobstructed.

Of particular lens interest is the Laowa 7.5mm I used for images 2 to 4. I had used it only a couple of time previously. You would think that a moderate aperture would get just about anything in focus but I didn't quite do that with the interior shots.(I have used them because of their rarity). However, the front end view came out well.

The stereos are crosseye.

Other images were shot with a zoom UWA to WA.

Olympus EM-1, (aperture priority), Lumix G Vario 14-45mm.

Olympus EM-1, (aperture priority), Laowa 7.5mm.

Harold

The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Ian

(I can never think of anything witty to say when under pressure!)

GH2, G50, various m4/3rds lenses, Fuji X-T1 system

My website: www.icimaging.co.uk

Comment

Re: Jensen Interceptor

That's a coincidence. My personal savings account balance... Maybe it's fate

Harold

Comment

Love the pics, shame you couldn’t grab one before the bonnet was opened to see the lines as opposed to all the under bonnet gubbins!
          Surprised you’ve never seen one until now. Not seen a huge number but definitely several over the years. Wasn’t there an FF model which denoted something too? 4 wheel drive maybe?

Comment

There were lots of other rarities to keep tabs on (e.g. gold-ish RR) and the drivers were mostly away from their cars. It could turn up at next month's meet, in which case I might even catch it entering the car park and catch up with it as it is parked. Unfortunately, I will miss most of the first hour (if weather does not get in the way anyhow).

There is seeing and then there is perceiving, not always the same.

All I recall about them was the pioneering anti-lock braking system.

Harold

Comment

It's a lovely looking car in my view too. Those Laowa shots have a suitably dreamy feel to them. That also looks like a Triumph Stag on the lhs. Now that was a lovely car I did manage to own briefly. Despite its reputation i really loved driving it. Just couldn't afford the petrol costs at the time so it had to go. Definitely wish I'd got it now.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

!2 miles per gallon - with a performance less than a Golf GTI (or my Skoda Octavia vRs)!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                  !2 miles per gallon - with a performance less than a Golf GTI (or my Skoda Octavia vRs)!

Jim
                  So, you would take the Golf every time?

A bit of a typo there, Jim!

Harold

Comment

I never seem to be able to 'do' cross-eye stereo but, once I've swapped the images over, I see the stereo very well! The interior view is excellent in stereo. I remember the earlier Jensen 541 but haven't seen any of those for years.
                    Mike
                    visit my Natural History Photos website:
                    http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post

Jim

Comment

As an after-thought, IIRC that curved rear screen was a devil to make and the failure rate was very high.
                        Ian

(I can never think of anything witty to say when under pressure!)

GH2, G50, various m4/3rds lenses, Fuji X-T1 system

My website: www.icimaging.co.uk

Comment

You are not the only one that fantasized about Jensen Interceptors in the '60s.
                          They were simply superb. The top-end one was four-wheel drive as well, the FF version.
                          I think they had 7 Litre engines or thereabouts.
                          Dave

My Flickr

Comment

So the FF was a 4 wheel drive then. I seem to remember the FF stood for something I’ve forgotten! Was it something to do with a tractor company or am I confusing things with Lamborghini?
                            There used to be a Lamborghini tractor garage we used to pass when visiting relatives in Berkshire, just outside Great Shefford I think it was.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                              So the FF was a 4 wheel drive then. I seem to remember the FF stood for something I’ve forgotten! Was it something to do with a tractor company or am I confusing things with Lamborghini?
                              There used to be a Lamborghini tractor garage we used to pass when visiting relatives in Berkshire, just outside Great Shefford I think it was.
                              Yes it was 4 wheel drive. one shown on the video was 600HP ! it has been tweaked a little.

Enjoy this link.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3SUi6Krso"]Jensen Interceptor FF Silver Slammington - World Exclusive review! - YouTube[/ame]
                              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X