Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Quiraing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiraing

Another Isle of Skye shot.

This is part of the Quiraing, which is a section of the Trotternish ridge towards the North of the Isle.
    Being just 5 minutes from the cottage we stayed at, it was any easy location to nip out to! Taken the evening before my Old Man of Storr sunrise, with very similar pastel colours in the sky.

Quiraing
    by Chris Gash, on Flickr
    Junk on Flickr
    Even more Junk on Instagram

Re: Quiraing

Nailed it!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Thanks John. Appreciated, especially as I always think I err on the darker side when processing and I'm not sure it's to everyone's taste
      Junk on Flickr

Comment

Luvely! .
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

Another beauty Chris
          Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
          Flickr

Comment

Thanks gents.

I think Skye has spoiled me though! Back to the Peak District this weekend, without a camera, to scout out some winter locations for mountain hares.
            Junk on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
              Thanks John. Appreciated, especially as I always think I err on the darker side when processing and I'm not sure it's to everyone's taste
              The dark treatment looks exactly right to me, suggesting dusk (or dawn) very well.
              Regards
              Richard

Comment

Nice. I like the low-key treatment. It's a lovely viewpoint that one, one of the finest in the country IMHO.

We were up there, near Staffin, from 1st-8th June. By and large the weather was very poor and I never saw a decent sunrise all week. The one day when the weather looked as though there may be some quality morning light there was low cloud over the eastern horizon.
                John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                  T I always think I err on the darker side when processing and I'm not sure it's to everyone's taste
                  It's a good idea with many flower images.

Harold
                  The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by jdal View Post
                    Nice. I like the low-key treatment. It's a lovely viewpoint that one, one of the finest in the country IMHO.

We were up there, near Staffin, from 1st-8th June. By and large the weather was very poor and I never saw a decent sunrise all week. The one day when the weather looked as though there may be some quality morning light there was low cloud over the eastern horizon.
                    We came home on the 1st and it did look like the weather was taking a turn for the worse. Although we were lucky enough to get 4 or 5 decent days. We stayed just outside staffin too, opposite to the turn off for the Quiraing. Did you go up to the old man?
                    Junk on Flickr

Comment

Simply sublime.

Comment

Working...
                      X