Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Shuttleworth with the EM1X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttleworth with the EM1X

The first air display of the season at Shuttleworth and a chance to test out the plane tracking mode on the EM1X. It's not hard to use C-AF on these planes, but I found the tracking to be very good and it made it much easier to frame photos to keep the ground in some shots without having to move the focus points. I could just concentrate on the composition.

Sopwith Triplane

Sopwith Triplane

Sopwith Camel

Bristol M1C

Catalina

Dakota

Bronco
    Andy
    bengeo.com

Re: Shuttleworth with the EM1X

Great set of images Andy. The Bristol is my favourite.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Love that Dakota shot.

I remember them at Ringway Airport (Manchester Airport now) when the porters hut was just a large garden shed type building (my dad worked there).

Comment

The Dakota shot is great, but the Catalina is my favourite. Plane in focus... people not. Is that DoF or your own panning?

Comment

I like the Catalina - they're very graceful.

Jim

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
            Phil: Although it is a reproduction it is great to see. Quite modern looking for a WW1 plane.
            Keith: I've always loved Dakotas. Great shape and sound! And still in use all over the world. There will be 30 of them at Duxford next month on their way to Normandy. What a sight that will be. https://www.iwm.org.uk/events/daks-over-duxford
            Internaut: I think that was caused by panning.
            Andy
            bengeo.com

Comment

Fine shots, proves the worth of the camera. If only we could glue a bird onto the top of one of the planes then everybody would be happy.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
              X