Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Some 'first-offs' from the CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some 'first-offs' from the CL

No better than than with my Oly gear, yet somehow 'I feel' the images are different.
    Thus far I'm not missing IS.
    SOOC are brilliant, to me anyway.
    Top three are DNG's through LR6, the bottom one is SOOC.

DNG
    L1020096-1 copy by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

DNG
    L1020094-1 copy by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

DNG
    L1020055-1 copy by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

SOOC, resized and a little sharpening, second thoughts...think I prefer this one.
    L1020055 copy-SOOC by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

Re: Some 'first-offs' from the CL

Sometime ago I came to the conclusion that changing camera brand / model did not make for better images, but instead emptied the wallet / bank account! So no more of this madness for me.

Modern digital cameras are more than capable for their primary use, that being for image sharing on the Internet, and / or printing up to A3.

Haptics make the most significant difference and influence over purchase choice, so it would be great if camera shops somehow enabled an extended 'use before purchase' scheme (deposit refundable if purchase concluded, with a small rental retained if not).

I've noticed that many in-camera JPEGS, irrespective of brand, tend to over-sharpen and make the colours appear unnatural.
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
      Haptics make the most significant difference and influence over purchase choice, so it would be great if camera shops somehow enabled an extended 'use before purchase' scheme (deposit refundable if purchase concluded, with a small rental retained if not).

No doubt a useful idea for the prospective purchaser and similar to the Olympus Test And Wow Scheme. The only problem would be the camera shops being flooded with used cameras and lenses that could only be sold legally as used or 2nd hand and definitely not BNIB.

I wonder what happens to all the used gear from the Test And Wow Scheme ?

Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
        No doubt a useful idea for the prospective purchaser and similar to the Olympus Test And Wow Scheme. The only problem would be the camera shops being flooded with used cameras and lenses that could only be sold legally as used or 2nd hand and definitely not BNIB.

I wonder what happens to all the used gear from the Test And Wow Scheme ?

Jab
        Bung 'em in a new box (if the original is lost or damaged) and sell as returns, or ex-management cameras with minimal 'mileage'.
        Steve

on flickr

Comment

Sometime ago I came to the conclusion that changing camera brand / model did not make for better images, ..............

But this neglects the human factor - a new purchase can inspire the owner to higher achievement
          Mike
          visit my Natural History Photos website:
          http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MikeOxon View Post
            But this neglects the human factor - a new purchase can inspire the owner to higher achievement
            Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MikeOxon View Post
              I agree. We generally get better at stuff if we are more motivated and practice more. A new camera can definitely drive the motivation.
              Paul
              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

Comment

These look great. Leica owner’s like to accessorise, so don’t forget the hand made leather half case and Billingham bag.

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Wives!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
                    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Wives!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
                      Yes, you can get some great second hand deals these days!
                      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                        Yes, you can get some great second hand deals these days!
                        'Exchange and Mart' ??

I can imagine the advert; 'Low mileage, good runner, average body work'. Offers
                        Steve

on flickr

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI"]Stop that! It's silly! - YouTube[/ame]
                          Mike
                          visit my Natural History Photos website:
                          http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Working...
                          X