6s hand held!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6s hand held!

Shot in Chee Tor Tunnel Millers Dale Derbyshire. I was amazed at how long an exposure I could get. First slightly cropped image.

Second uncropped. As you can see there does seem to be some blur more on the lhs not sure why it would be worse on one side? but at 6s hand held I'm not complaining.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Re: 6s hand held!

6 seconds handheld is amazing - great shots.

Like you, I have no idea why the second is only blurred on 1 side - very strange.
    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Amazing. When we walked through the tunnels last year i resorted to putting the camera on the ground to get anything halfway as good as that.
      Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

I've noticed edge blurring on very long hand held shots. I'm pretty sure it's an IBIS artefact.
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

I would have been tempted to title a great shot like that- "Tunnel Vision" Phill. (That might explain the anomalous bluriness) I love eerie blue lighting.
          My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
          The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
          On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

great work Phill, love it!
            I've never been there.... off to google!
            Junk on Flickr
            Even more Junk on Instagram

Comment

Well done and great technique.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

Hi Phill -

Impressive - thanks.

Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

You would have done well in the Dunlin photo show. Olympus stand had a competition for the longest hand held shot with the new body.
                  Ed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                  Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys much appreciated and lots of kudos to Olympus for developing such an amazing system.
                    Thinking about that blurring on the lhs maybe it was because I was closer to the wall that side and it was oof anyway as I used f4.0, plus if my camera shake moved more left to right horizontally that would be the bit that would show the most change. 6s is a bit extreme though so not a big issue, actually it sort of helps move the eye down the tunnel as I view the image
                    Great title Mark, why didn't I think of that! thanks.
                    Chris it is just off the road next to the Abseiling site marked on Google Maps. There is a pay ex railway station car park there to park in.
                    Ed it would have been a bit of a long way to go to enter that competition! oh and I took it with their old tech the EM1 mk2 so presumably would be disallowed.

Comment

Here's a similar shot at a slightly shorter 3.2s. I think the brickwork detail is pretty impressive, again slightly cropped.

And uncropped no real sign of the lhs blur as on the longer shot. So it looks like an artefact of the longer exposure.

Comment

Working...
                      X