Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

I Forgot my Snow Shoes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Forgot my Snow Shoes!

Yesterday's Camera Club outing was at Mt Buffalo, took loads of shots at Ladie's Bath Falls,
    a moderately easy 400 metre walk from the car park, and got lucky with three gorgeous Austrian babes!

The blond asked me to take a picture of the three of them with her phone.
    I was perched on a slippery rock surrounded by water with a high risk of winding up in the ladies bath!
    I asked if her phone was waterproof, "Nein, nein!" she said and hastily - I took the shots and handed it back; she looked relieved!

It is known as the Leviathan. This enormous monolith seems to be resting on a kind of pedestal of smaller rocks.
    It was really a job for a 6mm lens, but the best lens is the one you have with you, the SWD 12-60. pro

In places there was little head room to walk beneath it and at one point I cracked my head. That explains a lot, doesn't it!

This impressive landmark is called The Cathedral. I spotted a group of abseilers perched high on a ledge.
    I hung about for a bit hoping to see them in action, but gave up waiting.

For a tighter shot with I switched to the 40-150mm F2.8 Pro + 14tc

Well this was the end of the road, a kilometre return climb to the summit. As the sign hints, it is a gut gripping slog.

The temperature was around 18C and hopefully I was able to burn a few calories as I need to lose weight!

The scenery is pretty awesome and I took lots of pictures. Too many for one thread, I'll show you more in another thread later.

My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Re: I Forgot my Snow Shoes!

Great set and a nice change from those dodgy Aussie birds you've been shooting.
    Stuff from Cuba
    More stuff from Cuba
    It all started here

Comment

Wow, great set Mark. Trust you to end up in the ladies bath...(alone or not??)

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Stunning landscape Mark. Nicely blurred water behind the lasses too. Glad you didn't take a dip with your gear.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

That’s a nice set of scapes. The Cathedral looks pretty spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
            Great set and a nice change from those dodgy Aussie birds you've been shooting.

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
            Wow, great set Mark. Trust you to end up in the ladies bath...(alone or not??)
            Originally posted by Phill D View Post
            Stunning landscape Mark. Nicely blurred water behind the lasses too. Glad you didn't take a dip with your gear.
            Originally posted by Internaut View Post
            That’s a nice set of scapes. The Cathedral looks pretty spectacular.
            Andrew, I totally agree!

Mark, aside from my snow shoes, I forgot my cossie.

Phill, that thought was on my mind - I would not wish to put Oly's water resistant body to the test.

Jason, Yes, it is pretty awesome as are many geological features on the mountain.
            My Flickr

Comment

I think you got it spot on with "awesome scenary".
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

Thank you, OM.
                My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post

This impressive landmark is called The Cathedral. I spotted a group of abseilers perched high on a ledge.
                  I hung about for a bit hoping to see them in action, but gave up waiting.

For a tighter shot with I switched to the 40-150mm F2.8 Pro + 14tc

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/MB-08.jpg[/img][/url]
                  Camera shy Mark!

Great series - thanks.
                  Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Camera shy??? Cryptic

Thanks Barrie.
                    My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X