Whitehaven harbour sunset and blue hour shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitehaven harbour sunset and blue hour shots

Here are some shots from a very cold afternoon at the haorbour. The susnet was not great and the wind was strong but the waves were small.

The West pier taken from the North pier a long exposure as the sun was setting

Whitehaven west pier LE by Alf Branch, on Flickr

After that shot I walked over to the West Pier and shot a long exposure looking southe to ST Bess head the moon moved further than I expected in three minutes

Whitehaven looking south LE by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I then went onto the golden sands beach in the harbour to shoot the Old new quay qith the west pier in behind.

Wave sand light by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: Whitehaven harbour sunset and blue hour shots

I like the last one, all blue and red.

Comment

They’re lovely. I must have missed these on my Flickr feed. The sea makes for a lovely negative space in the first and second, but the lighting gives the third more impact, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulfric M Douglas View Post
        I like the last one, all blue and red.

Thanks Ulfric

Thanks Jason
        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

#3 for me too. Just a fraction of leveling needed.
          Stuff from Cuba
          More stuff from Cuba
          It all started here

Comment

Alf for me I'd prefer the first two cropped to letterbox panoramas getting rid of a lot of the empty spaces. The last one I'm afraid I just don't like, sorry. Not sure why, can't quite put my finger on it, but it just doesn't work for me.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
              #3 for me too. Just a fraction of leveling needed.

Thanks Andrew

I will recheck the level of the shot but it was set as level for the sea

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
              Alf for me I'd prefer the first two cropped to letterbox panoramas getting rid of a lot of the empty spaces. The last one I'm afraid I just don't like, sorry. Not sure why, can't quite put my finger on it, but it just doesn't work for me.

Thanks Phil

I like the negative space on the first 2. The last is one of those marmite shots Phil I suspect.

Comment

Working...
              X