Vintage feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage feel

South Cerney Steam and Vintage event last Saturday. A very hot day! Attended a shoot after the main event organised by Timeline Events.

Tin

Re: Vintage feel

Very good, but I expected to see a vintage 'feel' to the photos. Not the content, but the aesthetics.
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
      Very good, but I expected to see a vintage 'feel' to the photos. Not the content, but the aesthetics.

Poor choice of word from me. I assume you mean this sort of vintage appearance?

Tim

Comment

Yes, that's more like it. Did you simulate the film aesthetic in digital PP?

For this shoot it would have been interesting to use expired film, 10 years or so. Plus a bit of heat damage for good measure.

I have a roll of Teco's finest with an expiry date of 2002. I'm definitely going to run it to see the results. Ideally I'd like to leave it on the radiator for a day or two for good measure, but it's too soon for the central heating so it may have to wait. Well, as they say, every little helps - for the ageing process!
        Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
          Yes, that's more like it. Did you simulate the film aesthetic in digital PP?

For this shoot it would have been interesting to use expired film, 10 years or so. Plus a bit of heat damage for good measure.

I have a roll of Teco's finest with an expiry date of 2002. I'm definitely going to run it to see the results. Ideally I'd like to leave it on the radiator for a day or two for good measure, but it's too soon for the central heating so it may have to wait. Well, as they say, every little helps - for the ageing process!

Yes, just the `vintage` filter in Oly Viewer 3. Might also try b+w with a few more- have not yet fully sorted my shots from the day.

Comment

Like the old gent with the boater! Could have done with him in every shot, so that it formed a thread. (I take it that's not you with a remote control in the walking stick..?)

Comment

Working...
            X