Parton blue hour again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parton blue hour again

I have just processed anothe shot from my trip to the beach in July here is the previous shot http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46315

This was taken handheld while shooting the other long exposure

Parton blue hour 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: Parton blue hour again

Nice composition and colours Alf.
    Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
    Flickr

Comment

Lovely peaceful shot Alf. For some reason there's just something about the aspect ratio you've chosen that jars with me. I just want to crop a bit off the top or even the bottom to make it more relaxing to look at. Can't explain why...? maybe I just need more coffee this morning!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

I love the contrast between the gorgeous warm and cool colours. Excellent composition with great foreground detail and strong leading lines, but you don't need me to tell you that, Alf.

The aspect ratio of 1.43 is a little "stretched" for my usual preference, being pretty close to the awkward dimensions of 135 film and perhaps this is what jars with Phill, but I would be loathe to crop anything off the top or bottom of this one.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Thanks John
          The tones and details just came out better than I hoped.

Thanks Phil I was a bit torn on the crop on this I may look again.

Thanks Iain

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
          OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Working...
          X