Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

Monday morning at Tewet tarn

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monday morning at Tewet tarn

    I got up thinking of somewhere else but the traffic had me heading North and I wanted to go back to Tewet tarn so that where I went remembering my wellies.
    I needed the wellies but could have done with waders or a boat to get to where I wanted.


    Pre dawn the sky was pink


    Tewet tarn sunrise reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr


    Tewet tarn in the pink 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr


    The light was nice and water remained still but I have not processsed any of those shots yet.


    After the sun went in I set of tovisit some other spots I dropped at castlerigg derwent water and buttermere



    A couple of different spots of the shore of Derwent water


    Derwent water reflection 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr


    Derwent water reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr


    What do you think?
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

    I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr


  • #2
    Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

    Almost painfully perfect...

    The colours in the first two are to die for, and reflections the same....

    Mark Johnson

    My Sailing Page

    My Flickr

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

      Beautiful Alf, just beautiful. Difficult to pick a favourite but #1 just edges it for me. I've been meaning to get my 9-18mm out you've just spurred me into it.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

        Super shots first one has colours that are so beautiful

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

          Superb.

          These make me wish I lived near a lake and some hills and had the time before getting to work (in the dark these days)

          Regards
          Andy
          My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
          4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
          m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
          FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
          The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

          My places
          http://www.shenstone.me.uk
          http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
          https://vimeo.com/shenstone
          http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

            Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
            Almost painfully perfect...

            The colours in the first two are to die for, and reflections the same....

            Thanks Mark
            I was lucky but then again the trip was based around the waether forecast hence why I am going out tomorrow morning but not the last two days

            Originally posted by Phill D View Post
            Beautiful Alf, just beautiful. Difficult to pick a favourite but #1 just edges it for me. I've been meaning to get my 9-18mm out you've just spurred me into it.
            Thanks Phil
            My 9-18 is almost permenantly attched to my E-M5ii for this kind of stuff but then I have the 12-40 on the E-M1 as well and use both at the same time

            Originally posted by Woollyback View Post
            Super shots first one has colours that are so beautiful
            Thanks amte

            Originally posted by shenstone View Post
            Superb.

            These make me wish I lived near a lake and some hills and had the time before getting to work (in the dark these days)

            Regards
            Andy
            Thanks Andy
            It would not improve anything if I told you my work patterns you know but I will say I am lucky but then I work shifts and they do not suit all.
            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

            I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

              The second one is a touch 'cool'. No such problem with the first one though. Out of the Derwent water shots I prefer the first (#3 in the post), bottom cropped off to suit my taste of course.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                First and last for me.

                The third photo is likely to start me on a rant about billing airlines for their contrails spoiling your shots.
                It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

                David M's Photoblog

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                  Your two opening shots, especially the first have the beautiful colours of opal. I envy the enthusiasm and motivation that propels you into a breaking dawn to capture such peerless pictures.
                  My Flickr

                  * mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                  The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                  On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                    All great Alf but that first one is truly sublime. I haven't seen a proper hill for years.

                    Ron

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                      I like No 3 best, contrail and all!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                        Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                        The second one is a touch 'cool'. No such problem with the first one though. Out of the Derwent water shots I prefer the first (#3 in the post), bottom cropped off to suit my taste of course.
                        Thanks OM
                        The WB is rather wacky on these due to the colours of the scene it was difficut to edit them without spoiling the tones in them which are not at all the usual of how it looked shortly afterwards

                        Originally posted by David M View Post
                        First and last for me.

                        The third photo is likely to start me on a rant about billing airlines for their contrails spoiling your shots.
                        Thanks David
                        We get a lot of contrails round here

                        Originally posted by pandora View Post
                        Your two opening shots, especially the first have the beautiful colours of opal. I envy the enthusiasm and motivation that propels you into a breaking dawn to capture such peerless pictures.
                        Thanks Mark
                        I only got at 5 am for these it will 4:20 am tomorrow for work though I hate getting up early.

                        Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                        All great Alf but that first one is truly sublime. I haven't seen a proper hill for years.

                        Ron
                        Thanks Ron
                        I see hills when I look out of the window I feel lucky.

                        Originally posted by KeithL View Post
                        I like No 3 best, contrail and all!
                        Thanks Keith
                        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

                        I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                          Lovely shots my fav is no 1 I am currently right next to buttermere. To day was the best sunrise. Didnít get here till Monday evening. There were a few photographers this morning all stood by the lonely tree.
                          Kind regards Mike
                          http://www.wingsofnature.org

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                            Originally posted by Mdb2 View Post
                            Lovely shots my fav is no 1 I am currently right next to buttermere. To day was the best sunrise. Didnít get here till Monday evening. There were a few photographers this morning all stood by the lonely tree.
                            Kind regards Mike
                            Thanks Mike
                            If I had known I could home to Buttermere and met up for sunrise. I went to Wasdale and the sunrise was OK BUT the lake surface was choppy.


                            Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

                            I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Monday morning at Tewet tarn

                              Hi Alf I also took the wife to Whitehaven, we had lunch there in the little cafe in the town centre. And I photographed the harbour lighthouses. Altogether a nice four days.
                              Kind regards Mike
                              http://www.wingsofnature.org

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X