Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Too Many Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Shoes

OM D EM 1 Mk1 12-50 EZ

Re: Too Many Shoes

I like that lot. An unusual shot and the woman scratching her head makes it for me.

Ron

Comment

Yes me too, nice spot Phil.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
        I like that lot. An unusual shot and the woman scratching her head makes it for me.

Ron
        Me to but I'd be tempted to take a little bit off the top to get rid of the dark band.
        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Could just imagine trying to match up an odd one in that lot! Certainly different. I like different!

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah good idea David, will give it a go. This was at Chesterfield market, The wife loves wandering around looking for bargains, I love wandering around with a camera looking for interesting and amusing shoots. This one I could not resist.

Comment

Originally posted by philjay View Post
              Thanks guys. Yeah good idea David, will give it a go. This was at Chesterfield market, The wife loves wandering around looking for bargains, I love wandering around with a camera looking for interesting and amusing shoots. This one I could not resist.
              Just a word of warning there. A friend tried to take a video at our local town market several years ago. One of the stallholders complained, and a council official came over and stopped her, demanding an explanation for the filming. She explained it was an OU project; the official then went round with her, only allowing certain things to be filmed. It turned out that the market square was considered to be the property of the council, therefore private land. Even public parks are coming under the same view lately; someone always owns urban land, or at least owns it as a sort of proxy on behalf of the town.

I've done shoots at Bury St Edmunds market, but that is almost all in the street, and you can't be stopped there, notionally. But again, the law is that if someone requests that you stop photographing them, and you continue to do so, you can be arrested for harassment.

If you are going to photograph places like markets, worth finding out where you stand legally.

Comment

Thanks Keith. I am always careful when taking images like this. There were several other folks with both cameras and phones snapping away at various places in the market much less discretely than me which would have kept any authorities happy if they had taken that stance. Plus this market is a street market.

Comment

Working...
                X