This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Of The Gallery - POTG

This thread is designed to promote better use of our Gallery, which is a wonderful resource of outstanding images posted since this forum was established in 2007. It is a great opportunity for members to celebrate ten years as a community by nominating their favourite pictorial highlights by other members, some of them old friends that we no longer see.

There is no limit to the number or frequency of nominations that you may make, but you do need to write a few words about why you like each image an ensure the photographer is credited.

This is a non competitive initiative, with no judging and no ranking - essentially everyone is a winner. So let's see what you can find in the Gallery.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Pick Of The Gallery - POTG

That's an excellent selection, John. The smoke really emphasises the rays of light breaking through the trees.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Here's one of my favourites from Seonnaidh (aka Jon Pear) A stunning BiF when all around were saying Olympus cameras couldn't do it I'd be dead chuffed if I could achieve this sort of shot even now with my Mk2 Maybe I need a visit to the wee tea room Hope all is well Jon if you still look in here.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

RE: PhillD's post - "A stunning BiF when all around were saying Olympus cameras couldn't do it."

When I hear those kind of remarks, I always ignore them.

Someone once remarked that according to the laws of aerodynamics it was impossible for a bee to fly. Thank goodness, that info was never passed on to the bee.
        It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
          RE: PhillD's post - "A stunning BiF when all around were saying Olympus cameras couldn't do it."

Someone once remarked that according to the laws of aerodynamics it was impossible for a bee to fly. Thank goodness, that info was never passed on to the bee.
          On that subject, anyone picked up this weeks AP. Front cover story '30 Mirrorless Myths Busted'. Good plug.

Comment

Belated thanks to Zuiko for rescuing what looked like becoming a rather disappointing 'heated' discussion. Am away now for a couple of weeks, but when I get back will endeavour to grapple with creating a Gallery, and contributing to POTG. Thanks John Z.

Comment

Having done a bit of underwater photography I appreciate how difficult it is to get shots this good...

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post

I like the new avatar Wally.
                John

Comment

This is an image by BenVendetta with an E-M1 & 45mm f1.8 of Valis Volkova.

I like the composition, particularly the deliberate loss of vertical, accentuating a diagonal pose, with Valis' face remaining upright.
                  Really nicely done.

My portfolio site is here, my food site is here, whereas my wedding work is here.

Olympus Mentor and Elinchrom Ambassador and I also run lighting courses.

Comment

Just love this shot by John Heatingman............

As a sailor, I reckon she deserves a rest, but wonder whether she could float again...............

Hope I have used this thread correctly
                    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

That's exactly how to use POTG
                      John

Comment

As my other pastime is sailing...............

Aware that we might loose the gallery, so making the most of it just in case.

(Thanks for correcting my other post..............)
                        Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post

Just love this shot by John Heatingman............

As a sailor, I reckon she deserves a rest, but wonder whether she could float again...............
                          A coat or two of paint and she'll be right as rain (I don't think).
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                            A coat or two of paint and she'll be right as rain (I don't think).
                            I'm sure you can recommend a good brand to use.
                            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
                              I'm sure you can recommend a good brand to use.
                              You'll find some tins in Davey Jones' locker. Just use those.
                              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                              X