• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies

Australian Little Raven.

Australian Galahs - Male and Female.

Re: Blue Skies

Two nice images. Although we have some cloud in the sky we didn't get any of that rain they forecast last week for the weekend.

Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
      Two nice images. Although we have some cloud in the sky we didn't get any of that rain they forecast last week for the weekend.

Hi Ross. We have been having disappointing forecasts over here too. Some rain promised today - fingers crossed.

Comment

Looks to me like the south east is going to cop a hiding today - gale force winds and rain.
        Terry
        Canberra - The Nation's Capital
        E-620 plus stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Barkly View Post
          Looks to me like the south east is going to cop a hiding today - gale force winds and rain.
          Blowing here Terry - Not much rain yet. It has been sliding past for weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by Barkly View Post
            Apparently around the Snowy & Canberra. The breeze will only get up to 35km/hr here.
            Ross
            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floribunda View Post
              Hi Ross. We have been having disappointing forecasts over here too. Some rain promised today - fingers crossed.
              Next Sunday & Monday for us if forecasts turn out to be correct. I'm getting some more of our irrigation systems working now so I guess the dry weather is giving me some motivation to get them done then.
              Ross

Comment

Next Sunday & Monday for us if forecasts turn out to be correct. I'm getting some more of our irrigation systems working now so I guess the dry weather is giving me some motivation to get them done then.
                We have pulled ALL our irrigation systems out. It just didn't work for us. In a large garden such as ours it was just too expensive, even with drippers. Changing the garden around to drought resistant plants and good mulching has worked wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Floribunda View Post
                  We have pulled ALL our irrigation systems out. It just didn't work for us. In a large garden such as ours it was just too expensive, even with drippers. Changing the garden around to drought resistant plants and good mulching has worked wonders.
                  We have no intention of having all that many irrigation lines in at all, just something to keep the ferns alive during the dry or extra hot periods. I've put a programmable twin controller on those lines to the ferns under the Pittosporum undulatum & Turpentine (Syncarpia glomulifera) trees. Apart from that a soaker hose around the citrus trees (that them pesky cockies won't leave alone) & occasionally run the soaker under driveway Camellias (& Azaleas). When we don't have rain for a couple of months we can lose some things & so a bit of watering during that time helps. We've paid several $1000 to have Eucalypt trees removed because they have died.

EDIT (now that it's daylight): Just to show you the fern area.
                  (click on the thumbnail photos for larger view)
                  The birds nest fern on the right through tree trunks in the 1st photo is also in the lower left of the 2nd.

Ross

Comment

We have no intention of having all that many irrigation lines in at all, just something to keep the ferns alive during the dry or extra hot periods. I've put a programmable twin controller on those lines to the ferns under the Pittosporum undulatum & Turpentine (Syncarpia glomulifera) trees. Apart from that a soaker hose around the citrus trees (that them pesky cockies won't leave alone) & occasionally run the soaker under driveway Camellias (& Azaleas). When we don't have rain for a couple of months we can lose some things & so a bit of watering during that time helps. We've paid several $1000 to have Eucalypt trees removed because they have died.

EDIT (now that it's daylight): Just to show you the fern area.
                    (click on the thumbnail photos for larger view)
                    The birds nest fern on the right through tree trunks in the 1st photo is also in the lower left of the 2nd.

Have just caught up with your edit Ross. That fern area looks great and as the Bird Nest ferns get bigger it will look stunning. Would you consider mounting one up a tree? Too hard perhaps. I have a lot of ferns in my shade house and am surprised at how tough some of them are. Can understand how you want to keep the water up to them, especially in dry times.
                    We received 9mls out of the last blow - more wind than rain - but more promised this weekend. Here's Hoping!

Comment

Working...
                    X